User Tag List

Page 3490 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 249029903390344034803488348934903491349235003540359039904490 ... LastLast
Results 34,891 to 34,900 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    It's not how close to power you are, it's how close you are to the truth.
    You sure, this has the ring of that bit in GoT when little finger gets smart and says knowledge is power and nearly gets his throat cut for his trouble.

I actually spend a lot of time reflecting.
    I really like cats and food.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You sure, this has the ring of that bit in GoT when little finger gets smart and says knowledge is power and nearly gets his throat cut for his trouble.
    It's a quote from an interview I was watching earlier. I don't think it's the case, but I think it's an ideal.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I actually spend a lot of time reflecting.
    In front of a mirror?

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    In front of a mirror?
    This is such a nice and clever way of saying how she's very much more into the social image-focus than the rational thought-focus (and we need people who focus on different things as well, so I guess that's okay).

I like Aleda though. She's actually taken a (somewhat) genuine interest in the things I've posted, and also has offered funny pieces of feedback here and there.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    This is such a nice and clever way of saying how she's very much more into the social image-focus than the rational thought-focus (and we need people who focus on different things as well, so I guess that's okay).

I like Aleda though. She's actually taken a (somewhat) genuine interest in the things I've posted, and also has offered funny pieces of feedback here and there.
    Aleda is one of the most well rounded members on the forum, which is why I feel comfortable taking such jabs. A perfect blend of thought and action.

Two cheers for Aleda! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Next time I get drunk I'm seriously considering going some place and ordering a three course meal of which each course will be a dessert.

#very stable blood sugars for six months running.

Society

i've noticed a change when i play single player roleplaying games (skyrim mostly)...

the first thing i notice is in the characters i prefer creating - while i don't really roleplay (i don't see much point in non social RP), i do immerse myself in the world and i tend to create characters with a certain concept for them in mind - a certain fee - and lately my characters tend to be rather.. tired. i want to say "old and tired", but that's not entirely true because i do have great plans for him to go on the uphill of his "life" - but he isn't there. for those who know a bit of the game, he is a dunmer refugee who lost his home in morrowind in the eruption, tried rebuilding things only to have the argonian revolt squash his settlement, stole an imperial ship, got caught, ended up in the imperial execution list... thus the start of skyrim. but now all he basically does is explore, hunt & gather material for his home.

which brings me to the other thing - i am playing completely aimlessly. my life is so aimful lately that its a bug, almost everything is coordinated towards a greater goal for something i need to do... and my gaming life is now the exact opposite. i have avoided most quests and factions (beyond a short participation with the thief guild), most of what i do in the game is just running around, gathering building materials and alchemical ingredients, and hunting. i have avoided starting the main quest, so not a single dragon is in my sight. just running around and hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Aleda is one of the most well rounded members on the forum, which is why I feel comfortable taking such jabs. A perfect blend of thought and action.

Two cheers for Aleda! Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Thank you! I love basking in compliments!
    I really like cats and food.