User Tag List

Page 3479 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 247929793379342934693477347834793480348134893529357939794479 ... LastLast
Results 34,781 to 34,790 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

When does a tree stop being a tree?
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    When does a tree stop being a tree?
    when becomes,a stump,lumber,fire wood, building material, sticks, wood chips, paper, ect
    by @magpie

Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    when becomes,a stump,lumber,fire wood, building material, sticks, wood chips, paper, ect
    hahaha, but many of those decompose and become a tree again. In the forest you see many partly dead trees. Some that are still standing, some are partly fallen. Sometimes the rot is already helping a new sapling grow before the last tree is completely gone. Sometimes the stump is still alive.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

MBTI
    yupp

hahaha, but many of those decompose and become a tree again. In the forest you see many partly dead trees. Some that are still standing, some are partly fallen. Sometimes the rot is already helping a new sapling grow before the last tree is completely gone. Sometimes the stump is still alive.
    fine than clearly i'm not an aborist
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I lament the demise of New York Seltzer.
    Given the talk about how widespread obesity and diabetes have become in North America, and how it has been attributed to the proliferation of sugary soft drinks, it seems so very odd that the market for it has become more homogenized. Or at least it seems more homogenized. The selection of drinks beyond Coca-Cola, Pepsi, 7Up, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, a root beer (usually Barq's or A&W here) and a ginger ale (Canada Dry or Schweppes) has dwindled. Speaking specifically of cream soda, I remember several brands when I was a kid: A&W, Hires, Crush, Dad's, and later Jones. Jones is still around but seems confined to the counters of coffee shops as an expensive alternative to a latte. The bottles at the convenience store were Crush. I don't know what happened to the others; I presume they stopped making the pink concoction altogether.

I don't think Mountain Dew, Tab and the like are distributed here at all anymore. Not that I really lament their loss. As I said I just find it strange that we have diabetes and obesity 'epidemics', widely attributed to the excess consumption of soft drinks, and yet there are fewer and fewer varieties of soft drinks available.

Senior Member Array

you don't have to drink it all at once
    True, but I only wanted "a drink" so to speak. Just one to enjoy and savour, that's all. It was like wanting to buy "a beer" but only being able to buy a sixpack or a small keg.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    True, but I only wanted "a drink" so to speak. Just one to enjoy and savour, that's all. It was like wanting to buy "a beer" but only being able to buy a sixpack or a small keg.
    a beer? one beer? does not compute
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

a beer? one beer? does not compute
    I enjoy having one good beer at a time. You should try it, it's much more satisfying to me than having a lot of mediocre beers.

Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Human beings are fascinating. We don't comprehend that the vast majority of our actions and interactions are not processed consciously. We proud ourselves on being sentient, but perhaps we are only barely conscious.

Ginkgo

Human beings are fascinating. We don't comprehend that the vast majority of our actions and interactions are not processed consciously. We proud ourselves on being sentient, but perhaps we are only barely conscious.
    +1