User Tag List

Page 3461 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 246129613361341134513459346034613462346334713511356139614461 ... LastLast
Results 34,601 to 34,610 of 67816

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is it bad juju Marmi or is the the Me-Me? (The me-me, "what about me?", not the internet meme)

I dont know that you can pathologise an entire forum because you're unlikely to be voted "member of the month"
    No dude this place sucks.

I'm on another forum and people manage to be splendidly normal and pleasant there.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I sometimes feel like I spent hundreds or thousands of years as trees. There is a stillness, patience and distance in trees that resonates with me.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post

I'm on another forum and people manage to be splendidly normal and pleasant there.

Marm, I think you are awesome, and an important contributor here. I don't hang out other places these days, so it's hard for me to measure what this place is like, but I know there are some "bang your head against a wall" type discussions. Anyway, one more cyber hug for you.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Oh OK, you still come back here though.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Oh OK, you still come back here though.
    Yes, simply out of habit, to see if it just "me me" and it's not. Every single time I come back to this place, it is the same old shit.

I remember when I was un-banned a few months ago, I got that same eerie feeling of this place being negative almost right away, and it reminded me of the vibe I got here as a n00b...like there was just something hostile about this place.

And so I became one with the pettiness and hostility.

Other people have commented on it here too, both publicly and privately; the pettiness, the negativity, the constant drama, the same old twenty-five cast of characters (me included) ...

I don't know what it is, but anything that's even worth talking about this forum is either really high drama or starts as next to nothing and evolves into a complete shit storm.

There are some great people here. But overall I feel like some kind of spectre hangs over this place, and it's partly because, as I was saying, some people here would empathize with Jeffrey Dahmer if he posted.

This forum is constantly trafficked by some really extremely unethical people...and someone here is always waiting patiently to enable them.

And if I'm not arguing with or being appalled by one or the other, at least one more of them is trolling me in 5, 4, 3, 2....

Then I get in trouble for calling a spade a spade.

It beggars belief.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Yes, simply out of habit, to see if it just "me me" and it's not. Every single time I come back to this place, it is the same old shit.

I remember when I was un-banned a few months ago, I got that same eerie feeling of this place being negative almost right away, and it reminded me of the vibe I got here as a n00b...like there was just something hostile about this place.

And so I became one with the pettiness and hostility.

Other people have commented on it here too, both publicly and privately; the pettiness, the negativity, the constant drama, the same old twenty-five cast of characters (me included) ...

I don't know what it is, but anything that's even worth talking about this forum is either really high drama or starts as next to nothing and evolves into a complete shit storm.

There are some great people here. But overall I feel like some kind of spectre hangs over this place, and it's partly because, as I was saying, some people here would empathize with Jeffrey Dahmer if he posted.

This forum is constantly trafficked by some really extremely unethical people...and someone here is always waiting patiently to enable them.

And if I'm not arguing with or being appalled by one or the other, at least one more of them is trolling me in 5, 4, 3, 2....

Then I get in trouble for calling a spade a spade.

It beggars belief.
    I've got to say I dont know exactly what you're talking about, like I said in my first post I get the feeling that there's a greater context of which I'm not part, I dont use vent so maybe that's why.

I highlighted that bit because it sounds really, really shady, I dont know what you're talking about but it doesnt sound good at all.

Sniffles

I do agree that the level of discourse here can be overly melodramatic and downright hostile, as if everybody is looking to pounce on you and take potshots. This is why I usually don't bother much with such discussions in the public forum. I've already admitted a few times that I seriously get sick to my stomach whenever I do post in a thread, and it's not uncommon for me to immediately delete my post. It wears on you.

Private discussions with members via PM have been far more fruitful and enjoyable.

My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I do agree that the level of discourse here can be overly melodramatic and downright hostile, as if everybody is looking to pounce on you and take potshots. This is why I usually don't bother much with such discussions in the public forum. I've already admitted a few times that I seriously get sick to my stomach whenever I do post in a thread, and it's not uncommon for me to immediately delete my post. It wears on you.

Private discussions with members via PM have been far more fruitful and enjoyable.

My two cents.
    Everyone's got their own individual triggers and tolerance levels, I've experienced off the charts hostility once maybe and I think that related to that posters own individual issues perhaps, they'd posted about having difficulties of a similar kind with other people too.

Then again the forum has a bias, not an intentional one, just the bias created by the mix of posters and I actually think it is a naive/popular bias anyway, people arent aware of it and its more a result of what they feel strongly opposed to than what they favour or what has actually been said.

I think things are the same as they always have been, probably the same as they always will be, people say some atrocitious stuff about others and there's people who're not well and its obvious from their posts, about being unwell or simply from their posting and its content, it happens. I take that into account when I see some of the threads or responses in them and decide whether or not to respond or when I judge just how much importance I should treat the post with too.

I wish everyone would post more often and post more threads and be damned.

I miss the rain.
    I really like cats and food.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I miss the rain.
    Careful now. I said "I miss the rain" a few weeks ago and this is what happened: