User Tag List

  1. #34491
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,155

    Default

    @Lexicon have you ever seen funny face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, and if so what did you think? I value your opinion even though it won't change mine, you like canned fish
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  2. #34492
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Fuck, people are stupid. Grocery stores and gas stations all over the city are now swamped with people who are "stocking up".
    sounds about right. next comes looting
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  3. #34493
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    @Lexicon have you ever seen funny face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, and if so what did you think? I value your opinion even though it won't change mine, you like canned fish
    Bahahah


    Y'know, that's one I've not gotten around to seeing yet. I like Audrey's movies, generally. And Fred Astaire's good stuff too. So the combination sounds promising...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  4. #34494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sounds about right. next comes looting
    I don't think it'll come to that.

  5. #34495
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Bahahah


    Y'know, that's one I've not gotten around to seeing yet. I like Audrey's movies, generally. And Fred Astaire's good stuff too. So the combination sounds promising...
    It's good I'm watching it now.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  6. #34496
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,139

    Default

    Is arrogance a real state of mind, or just overcompensation? I encounter arrogant people and can never quite believe what they say. It just seems like life has too many obstacles for someone to actually create a world in which they think they are superior to everyone/everything.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

  7. #34497
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Every position I've applied to in the past two weeks has had an MBTI style questionnaire concluding the application process. Curse you, typology.

  8. #34498
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Every position I've applied to in the past two weeks has had an MBTI style questionnaire concluding the application process. Curse you, typology.
    Yeah, I noticed that correlation when I first encountered typology.

    I took a career test my psych professor suggested (structured essentially like MBTI tests)- results came back with a list of applicable jobs I'd likely enjoy/do well in. Below that was a hyperlink "more about your type." Clicked it, & it took me to a page describing INFJs.
    And down the rabbit hole I tumbled.

    While taking that initial career test, I noticed how similar it was to a lot of the online job apps. A lot of the same questions repeated/rephrased.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  9. #34499
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that correlation when I first encountered typology.

    I took a career test my psych professor suggested (structured essentially like MBTI tests)- results came back with a list of applicable jobs I'd likely enjoy/do well in. Below that was a hyperlink "more about your type." Clicked it, & it took me to a page describing INFJs.
    And down the rabbit hole I tumbled.

    While taking that initial career test, I noticed how similar it was to a lot of the online job apps. A lot of the same questions repeated/reworded.

    Did the list include serial killer chronologist or mortuary operative? I wish I remember what I got back when, at the time when I was made to take them in high school I wasn't so into self-exploration as I am now, I suppose. I remember obvious suggestions, like computer technician.

    I don't recall these styles of tests being prevalent in the workforce just 4-6 years ago, when I was last hunting for a job. Is it a recent development?

  10. #34500
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,155

    Default

    I'm getting resick
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :shrug:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :blush:

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 790
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 08:22 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO