User Tag List

Page 3420 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 242029203320337034103418341934203421342234303470352039204420 ... LastLast
Results 34,191 to 34,200 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #34191
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    I'm the last person anyone should ask about cookware, this just sounds a little... alarmist.

    I mean, either you use non-stick cookware or you use something like butter to coat your pan. Butter, which is extremely high in saturated fats and cholesterol and will lead to heart disease and obesity... Know what I mean?

  2. #34192
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Dickhead, he'll do anything for a lift, I swear to God, catch a bus, its no big deal getting a bus.

  3. #34193
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I'm the last person anyone should ask about cookware, this just sounds a little... alarmist.

    I mean, either you use non-stick cookware or you use something like butter to coat your pan. Butter, which is extremely high in saturated fats and cholesterol and will lead to heart disease and obesity... Know what I mean?
    Everything causes cancer these days...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  4. #34194
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Everything causes cancer these days...
    I think its mainly the Russians to be honest.

  5. #34195
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Not just these days, it always did. Going outside causes cancer. I don't mean to be dismissive of the particular risk involved in byproducts of Teflon off-gassing from a piece of heated cookware, it's just... like... using Teflon-coated cookware is such a commonplace thing. To not know about the risks is not really all that surprising to me since, well, I didn't.

  6. #34196
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Not just these days, it always did. Going outside causes cancer. I don't mean to be dismissive of the particular risk involved in byproducts of Teflon off-gassing from a piece of heated cookware, it's just... like... using Teflon-coated cookware is such a commonplace thing. To not know about the risks is not really all that surprising to me since, well, I didn't.
    I was surprised about the plastic bottles of water causing the poisoning which can become cancers if the bottles are kept too long or exposed to heat, like left in a car in direct sunlight, it makes me wonder now when I see huge big shipments of water in bottles for small change.

  7. #34197
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT THE DANGERS OF DIETHYLHEXYL ADIPATE & BISPHENOL-A?!

  8. #34198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT THE DANGERS OF DIETHYLHEXYL ADIPATE & BISPHENOL-A?!
    Erich Fromm never mentioned them!

  9. #34199
    Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I'm the last person anyone should ask about cookware, this just sounds a little... alarmist.

    I mean, either you use non-stick cookware or you use something like butter to coat your pan. Butter, which is extremely high in saturated fats and cholesterol and will lead to heart disease and obesity... Know what I mean?

    Olive oil spray works well on all pans, ime.

    I assumed the Teflon = cancer drama was well-known, since an ESFP was the 1st person to dispense the info to me (she pretty much only pays attention to well-known & current crap, haha).

    Anyway, was just a random amused thought. Less about the hazards of Teflon itself, and more an opportunity to pick on INTPs.

    Can't be helped.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  10. #34200

    Default

    Just found out I'm supposed to be wearing a mask when I spray formaldehyde everywhere. Whoops. Looks like I and everyone else I know have been doing it wrong and inhaling cool stuff.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO