User Tag List

Page 3410 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 241029103310336034003408340934103411341234203460351039104410 ... LastLast
Results 34,091 to 34,100 of 67737

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I once answered the phone at my parents' house, and it was a telemarketer. He went through his whole spiel because I couldn't jam a word in edgewise, and when he finally finished, I told him I didn't live there and couldn't make those decisions. Then he yelled at me for letting him go through the whole spiel.

I did that once to a guy going door-to-door. I was at my parents' house and he was trying to sell phone/TV/internet services. I let him go on and on about it until he asked what I was paying for my existing services. I said "Oh, I don't know, this isn't my house."

I was surprised he had the gall to say "Then why am I talking to you?" before walking off in a huff.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I did that once to a guy going door-to-door. I was at my parents' house and he was trying to sell phone/TV/internet services. I let him go on and on about it until he asked what I was paying for my existing services. I said "Oh, I don't know, this isn't my house."

I was surprised he had the gall to say "Then why am I talking to you?" before walking off in a huff.
    Hahah exactly-- like you wasted his time! Dude, you rang my doorbell!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array

Precisely. I got a good laugh out of it anyway.

I used to feel sorry for door-to-door salesmen, telemarketers and the like. I don't anymore.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nope. If they want to do an annoying job, that's their choice.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    To be clear, this wasn't just a telemarketer it was a scam artist trying to gain access to my computer. Generally, I just feel pity for telemarketers.
    Out of curiosity what was he asking of you? I can't imagine a plausible reason for someone to ask about your computer over the phone.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Nope. If they want to do an annoying job, that's their choice.
    Yep. The telemarketer who hung up on me said "I wasn't being rude to you, I don't know why you need to be rude to me."
    To which I responded, "You were rude by virtue of calling me in the first place. And calling me yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that. I've already told you guys to stop calling me. I've already told you guys to put me on your do-not-call list. If you don't want me to be rude to you then don't call me. Get a better job if you don't want people to be rude to you."

And then he hung up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Someone please tell me why i'm watching backstreet boys videos on youtube. I must have more than a runny nose...

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Out of curiosity what was he asking of you? I can't imagine a plausible reason for someone to ask about your computer over the phone.
    He said windows was sending them messages about a virus and errors. I asked him which computer. He said the one with windows 7 (nope, wrong guess). Then he made some sounds, lowered his voice, and pretended to be a supervisor coming on the line. I was going to try and string him along, but that made me laugh so I asked him where he was calling from. He accused me of being untrusting so that's when I let him have it and hung up.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    He said windows was sending them messages about a virus and errors. I asked him which computer. He said the one with windows 7 (nope, wrong guess). Then he made some sounds, lowered his voice, and pretended to be a supervisor coming on the line. I was going to try and string him along, but that made me laugh so I asked him where he was calling from. He accused me of being untrusting so that's when I let him have it and hung up.
    Aw man, the least he could have done was let you string him along for the lulz. Asshole, indeed.

I have known the other side of it (sort of) making get out the vote calls. Either our machine was broken or the leadership were idiots, but the system kept having us call the same supporters over and over.

One guy said I was his 6th call in the last couple of hours and then screamed at me "IF YOU FUCKING CALL ME ONE MORE FUCKING TIME IM VOTING FOR FUCKING HITLER."
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it