User Tag List

Page 3374 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 237428743274332433643372337333743375337633843424347438744374 ... LastLast
Results 33,731 to 33,740 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Society

Default my two cents

it is coming to my attention that i don't know the social context of a lot of english wording's... what counts as "big words" or "common words" in english is not the same as it is in hebrew. it's just that i picked words from those around me and media, which includes a wide range of books, tv shows, and any sort of people from empty-headed wiseasses to surprisingly intellectual white trash... and now i am starting to wonder just how arrogant do i sound on a casual basis, or how trashy, or... really, i have no idea, my english is a complete mishmash.

this is important here more the in other places, because while i question my understandings of typology all the time, and i largely consider myself a total newb still figuring shit out - with me where many people here have being doing this for many many years... but in the same time i don't' want to not put my understandings out there when it can be helpful for others - and more importantly (For me) - when it can be exposed to scrutiny of others. thus i am wondering if i should just add "my two cents" to every post i make, and in the end of every sentence... but not as a sig, since that would be an incredibly boring sig, it has to appear within context of the thought if it is to devalue the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm not talking about you, narcisist
    I wasnt talking to you either, just random thinking

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    it is coming to my attention that i don't know the social context of a lot of english wording's... what counts as "big words" or "common words" in english is not the same as it is in hebrew. it's just that i picked words from those around me and media, which includes a wide range of books, tv shows, and any sort of people from empty-headed wiseasses to surprisingly intellectual white trash... and now i am starting to wonder just how arrogant do i sound on a casual basis, or how trashy, or... really, i have no idea, my english is a complete mishmash.

this is important here more the in other places, because while i question my understandings of typology all the time, and i largely consider myself a total newb still figuring shit out - with me where many people here have being doing this for many many years... but in the same time i don't' want to not put my understandings out there when it can be helpful for others - and more importantly (For me) - when it can be exposed to scrutiny of others. thus i am wondering if i should just add "my two cents" to every post i make, and in the end of every sentence... but not as a sig, since that would be an incredibly boring sig, it has to appear within context of the thought if it is to devalue the tone.
    That is an interesting question- you're in kind of a weird spot, aren't you, where you're fluent enough to sound like you have a native command of the English language, so people tend to be less forgiving of your foibles with the language. I've found your phrasing unusual a few times, and hard to understand maybe once or twice, but never trashy. Sometimes arrogant, but you apologize if you didn't intend it. You always seem willing to acknowledge when you've misunderstood a nuance of usage, which, at least IMO, goes a long way in mitigating that.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wasnt talking to you either, just random thinking
    Well, you did quote her post. It kind of follows that you're responding to her.

Senior Member Array

Oh, and that wasn't directed at Lark.^

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Well, you did quote her post. It kind of follows that you're responding to her.
    It was a stimulus to that thought but I knew that the original post was not about me which was what she thought I meant.

^Fail. Directed at 93JC

^Fail. Directed at 93JC

Senior Member Array

Oh, now now Mr. Crankypants. It's late, you should have a glass of warm milk and go to bed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Ai...these fake Southern accents on these shows sound so damn awful. Ear-grating and just painful.