User Tag List

Page 3367 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 236728673267331733573365336633673368336933773417346738674367 ... LastLast
Results 33,661 to 33,670 of 67737

Thread: Random Thought Thread

I left something behind.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Fun fact:

A bunghole is not actually what you think it is.

In days of yore, when beer and other beverages used to be served directly out of barrels, the liquids would need to come out through some kind of hole. That hole was called a bunghole. (SFW, I promise)

However, over time, in common usage, it came to be used interchangeably with sphincter.

Impress your friends with your knowledge of antiquated beverage technology!
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can't smile for shit. I always look like I'm going to bite someone's head off with my teeth.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Was whoever drew this a pupil at some art school?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Fun fact:

In days of yore, when beer and other beverages used to be served directly out of barrels, the liquids would need to come out through some kind of hole. That hole was called a bunghole. (SFW, I promise)

However, over time, in common usage, it came to be used interchangeably with sphincter.

A bunghole is any hole that might be plugged with a bung. It is not specifically a hole in a cask and has nothing to do with beverages in particular. It has never been used interchangeably with sphincter. You wouldn't call the pupillary sphincter (the muscle that controls the iris) of your eye 'bunghole', would you?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Fun fact:

A bunghole is any hole that might be plugged with a bung. It is not specifically a hole in a cask and has nothing to do with beverages in particular. It has never been used interchangeably with sphincter. You wouldn't call the pupillary sphincter (the muscle that controls the iris) of your eye 'bunghole', would you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I left something behind.
    was it Kirk Cameron?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Bung is what they call the rectum of an animal in meat processing. I learned this because apparently "imitation calamari" is pig bung sliced in cross sections to make rings. EDIT: apparently this last part is not really true THANK GOD, but it's definitely true that the rectum of an animal is referred to as bung in meat processing terms.

Bunghole has been a slang term for anus for like 500 years.

Senior Member Array

No one actually sells pig rectum as "imitation calamari". http://consumerist.com/2013/01/21/br...tion-calamari/

You're right in that bunghole is a slang for anus (NOT sphincter; the anus is composed of sphincters but not all sphincters are anuses ) mostly because of meat processing, but that's because a bung is usually put inside the anus of an animal being processed to prevent fecal contamination of the rest of the meat.

"Pork bung", "beef bung" and such are terms used in meat processing to refer to the cecum, the other end of the large intestine where it meets the small intestine (where there is a sphincter that separates the two ). The rectum and anus are typically discarded.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    You wouldn't call the pupillary sphincter (the muscle that controls the iris) of your eye 'bunghole', would you?
    You know what sphincter I meant.

And you're correct. It need not be a beverage. It could be any sort of liquid.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!