User Tag List

Page 3311 of 6764 FirstFirst ... 231128113211326133013309331033113312331333213361341138114311 ... LastLast
Results 33,101 to 33,110 of 67638

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Note to self: don't trust N dominants, they think death and destruction (in theory) are "exciting."

Man watching Oliver Stone's Untold History of the US some of the archive footage from the war is shocking to say the least, really and truly.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post

But seriously, just do an image search on Google and put the word "chernobyl" in. Go for it.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Ginkgo

But seriously, just do an image search on Google and put the word "chernobyl" in. Go for it.
    Jesus. Even my graphics driver freaked out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    On behalf of ENFPs, I disagree.
    I just don't understand how it even happens, how detached from reality does a person have to be to think hey this would be romantic or exciting when there's ample proof of just how mind-bendingly horrifying the consequences are even in small amounts, let alone on a large scale.

It's weird, I actually almost feel like I have a more vivid imagination than they do, that they can't read historical documents or look at photographs and not draw their own conclusions.

Is it because Se imagination is based in reality and Ne is based on "what if"? Or is this actually having Fi or Fe in a stronger position, where you empathize with other people and see that things could happen to me or people I know, not just people on the other side of the world?

Is it because I know so many people from the other side of the world? Is it because I was a child when these things were impressed upon me as being reality and not just a desensitized abstract concept?

I'm not sure anyone who was alive during WWII thinks it's "exciting" and I wonder if anyone who was a child when the Chernobyl disaster happened actually think this sounds like some abstract good times?

What kind of idiot thinks this way? "Oh in a certain light, being lit on fire sounds exciting."

I'm actually upset about this. I don't think any human being should be allowed to be that desensitized. It's what creates nuclear wars and disasters in the first place, desensitization.

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I just don't understand how it even happens, how detached from reality does a person have to be to think hey this would be romantic or exciting when there's ample proof of just how mind-bendingly horrifying the consequences are even in small amounts, let alone on a large scale.

It's weird, I actually almost feel like I have a more vivid imagination than they do, that they can't read historical documents or look at photographs and not draw their own conclusions.

Is it because Se imagination is based in reality and Ne is based on "what if"? Or is this actually having Fi or Fe in a stronger position, where you empathize with other people and see that things could happen to me or people I know, not just people on the other side of the world?

Is it because I know so many people from the other side of the world? Is it because I was a child when these things were impressed upon me as being reality and not just a desensitized abstract concept?

I'm not sure anyone who was alive during WWII thinks it's "exciting" and I wonder if anyone who was a child when the Chernobyl disaster happened actually think this sounds like some abstract good times?

What kind of idiot thinks this way? "Oh in a certain light, being lit on fire sounds exciting."

I'm actually upset about this. I don't think any human being should be allowed to be that desensitized. It's what creates nuclear wars and disasters in the first place, desensitization.

I think maybe destruction scenarios like this can be exciting.. but it's implied (empty buildings) there aren't casualties beyond corporations (if one were to believe corporations were people, that is. ha).

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

I think there's a difference between a play-fighting mentality and a serious-fighting mentality. I don't think I would be able to build lasting relationships without a spirit of jest about serious issues. It seems like everyone I've known, sensor or intuitive, functions more efficiently toward a goal when they just get over they're emotional hindrances by assuming a playful sort of confidence. You saw Argo, right? The survivors from the American Embassy in Iran would have failed to escape if they continued to dwell on the grimness of their situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I think maybe destruction scenarios like this can be exciting.. but it's implied (empty buildings) there aren't casualties beyond corporations (if one were to believe corporations were people, that is. ha).

Haha, this is the first thought bubble that popped in my head when I read marm's post.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

I think violent scenarios can be exciting, when the people "deserve" it in some way (like revenge movies on a murderer or pedophile or violent rapist or evil dictator something) ...and yeah it can be exciting to see something (an object) be blown up.

There is also something visceral about war that makes people want to have sex or get married, it's principally the idea of death being right in your face, it may be why as a pre-pubescent girl between about 7-12 I somehow internalized Russians as being fascinating or Russian men being "sexy" despite the extreme ugliness of Mikhail Gorbachev. I also mentioned how my younger sister, though a young adult over 18 when it happened, basically ran off and married a Muslim man within a couple of years after 9/11 happened, and divorced him less than a year later, showing probably that it was that kind of "war love" idea that young people sometimes have.

I'm not denying that these things happen, but nuclear war is such an obviously horrifying thing that has such wide-scale consequences on innocent people, and upon plant and animal life on earth, that I just want other people to accept the reality of that.

Maybe it's more "real" to me because it was so impressed upon me as a child, I don't know.

To me, being my age and having my life experience, it would be like me starting a thread asking people wouldn't massive acts of terrorism in major U.S. cities be exciting in a certain light?

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Hmmm, when you check the right threads and traces it all makes sense.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If you have enough free time to do what you want, you can't afford it.

If you have enough money to afford what you want, you don't have the time.

Unless you're really rich, or can forgo sleep completely.
    Go to sleep, iguana.