User Tag List

Page 3306 of 6773 FirstFirst ... 230628063206325632963304330533063307330833163356340638064306 ... LastLast
Results 33,051 to 33,060 of 67722

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    You mean in terms of their evil, of course.
    In terms of their power
    I really like cats and food.

For the second or third time my laptop isnt recognising the charger that I bought from Amazon, I'm really tired of this, I'm sure that this is some sort of copyright crap which was dreamt up by Dell and I'm not sure that the battery isnt running down way faster than it should now too. Bummer.

garbage

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Cakes for divorce:

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I am not a big fan of any sort of scriptural literalism, to be honest the first time I encountered it was in Marxist schisms and political fragmentation and political sectarianism, the the narcissism of small differences, applied to Marx's writing.

Although I encountered it in a religious sense for the first time when I mixed with protestants, many of them were operating with perspective which is straight from the days of the reformation and Martin Luther, and they were proud of it.

It was very strange to me, having grown up in a tradition which used scripture but was also prepared to admit that it was prone to woeful error or abuse. Perhaps that's because of the reformation too but I remember from pretty early on family members and even members of the religious saying "The Devil can quote scripture when he wants to". I've always thought that there's something about a living tradition, which has gone through years of and is continuing to go through a process of reflective conservatism of knowledge and experience.

That said people ought to read Leviticus and get the context, when the angels and others go to places like sodom they are not encountering some laid back pink parade of inoffensive sorts waving limp wristed and meeting rebukes with responses to "be nice", homosexuality, paritcularly male homosexuality because lesbianism, to my knowledge, doesnt get a look in, is associated exclusively with rape and violence. There's nothing which could remotely be described as consensual in any of it.

The idea of rape being such a serious crime that it warrants divine retribution is a lesson that I dont think should be qualified or lost or lessened in anyway what so ever.

The reality is that at that time there wasnt any conception of consensual homosexuality, there was little in the way of a conception of homosexuality really, that it is thought about and preoccupies so many of the mainstream of society who do not ever experience homosexuality or even know any homosexuals personally to me seems the odder reality than that one in the bible.

Still no spring
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Still no spring
    It was only a few days long this year. Now it's next winter.

No one noticed that continental drift has resulted in the US moving closer to the Arctic Circle. Polar bear is very happy.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Must download Oblivion soundtrack right now.

WALMART

I love barbequeing. I hate Dark Souls.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

"The Force always strives for balance. The Emperor is an agent of darkness and destruction. It is inevitable that a champion of the light will one day rise to oppose him. I may be that champion." ―Revan