User Tag List

Page 3262 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 226227623162321232523260326132623263326432723312336237624262 ... LastLast
Results 32,611 to 32,620 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Oh, cool. My background is in linguistics and foreign languages as well (though mostly sociolinguistics, not so much structural).
    Oh, interesting. The reason I posted that is that today we got to discussing part of the nature of written English as it is used today, and we started talking about how due to spelling conventions it's moving away from being a purely phonemic language to almost featuring a hybrid of phonemic and logographic writing. That lecture interested me like nothing I've had in college so far. It was fun - hehe.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Oh, interesting. The reason I posted that is that today we got to discussing part of the nature of written English as it is used today, and we started talking about how due to spelling conventions it's moving away from being a purely phonemic language to almost featuring a hybrid of phonemic and logographic writing. That lecture interested me like nothing I've had in college so far. It was fun - hehe.
    That does sound like an interesting discussion! I remember talking about how although there is of course standard English (or any language), non-standard dialects aren't considered better or worse, in that they all get the job (communication) done. I thought that was interesting at the time, and I've often thought about it in relation to txt speak. Personally txt speak drives me crazy, but I suppose the same argument could be made-- it's sure not standard spelling, but it gets the job done!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

I finish my quarter, get a break, and now I feel jittery/upset because I have no work to do. This has been happening since I started school.

Something must be really wrong with me.

I always wonder about other peoples culinary adventures.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If we agreed on everything, then there would be no internet drama.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I was screwing around with someone acting creepy with me, but then they got creeped out, and now I just feel creepy, even though what I said wasn't all that creepy.

Creepy is a weird-looking word.

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I finish my quarter, get a break, and now I feel jittery/upset because I have no work to do. This has been happening since I started school.

Something must be really wrong with me.
    Do you get those recurring dreams that you actually had a SUPER IMPORTANT class or job to do this week, but missed it, and that it's too late to save your scores?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Do you get those recurring dreams that you actually had a SUPER IMPORTANT class or job to do this week, but missed it, and that it's too late to save your scores?
    YES!!!!

haha...it's so damn pathetic. By the time it sinks in that I don't have work to do, the next quarter will be starting!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I find it interesting that the two most prominent posters with cats as their avatars are each others' shadow. (That was so poorly worded.) I'm lookin' at yooouuu, @Marmotini and @Aleda

Also, my posts dramatically increase in frequency whenever I have actual work to do. Like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    I find it interesting that the two most prominent posters with cats as their avatars are each others' shadow. (That was so poorly worded.) I'm lookin' at yooouuu, @Marmotini and @Aleda
    We are merging into one human being.
    I really like cats and food.