User Tag List

Page 3245 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 224527453145319532353243324432453246324732553295334537454245 ... LastLast
Results 32,441 to 32,450 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I want to be raised by black women and transgendered folk.

I wonder what this means. I have always been attracted to black people in a familial or friendly kind of way; I've always wanted a black woman for a best friend. One of those bigger demonstrative ones who is funny and isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Who's warm and loving and makes soul food and feeds it to me.

I think I'm attracted to tg's because they are the only ones as weird as I am.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Hollywood movies are full of stereotypes. I didn't know one of them had a name. It's impressive enough to be posted to tvtropes.org. Is there a name for the women-in-a-movie-always-sitting-around-talking-about-men stereotype? Or the Jewish/Chinese-storekeeper stereotype?
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Hollywood movies are full of stereotypes. I didn't know one of them had a name. It's impressive enough to be posted to tvtropes.org. Is there a name for the women-in-a-movie-always-sitting-around-talking-about-men stereotype? Or the Jewish/Chinese-storekeeper stereotype?
    I'm not aware of names for those, but I do know that female characters talk about men enough that there's a name for movies that DON'T follow that stereotype:
    http://bechdeltest.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm not aware of names for those, but I do know that female characters talk about men enough that there's a name for movies that DON'T follow that stereotype:
    http://bechdeltest.com/
    That's fun. At least the category "There are two or more women in this movie, but they only talk to each other about a man" rates its own icon.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hope Driving Miss Daisy isn't an example of that, it always makes me cry. I always thought of it as a beautiful friendship between a old man who just happened to be more emotionally mature, thanks in part to a more varied or humbling life experience, than the mean old woman who was richer than him.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I wish that really cool, nice people would not date insane, entitled, weirdos just because they feel sorry for them.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Glycerine

It surprises me how relatively normal this forum is compared to some others. On one, they had strict rules on formatting and grammar.

I like Rachel Maddow.

Researching colleges can be really time consuming.
    I really like cats and food.