User Tag List

Page 3158 of 6770 FirstFirst ... 215826583058310831483156315731583159316031683208325836584158 ... LastLast
Results 31,571 to 31,580 of 67691

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #31571
    ... Array Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    So glad to be at work in London, UK, a free, prosperous and democratic country, which has not been invaded since 1066, and where gun control is so tight that I don't need to worry about someone coming into the mall or the local school and shooting everyone.

    Amazing that I can write this internet post with exactly the same liberty as people in the US can, despite being told that gun control leads inevitably to tyranny.

    Welfare capitalism, the best human system invented, survivalist libertarian nuts and far leftists alike, spend their lives waxing themselves dreaming of the "collapse" that will never happen, when finally all the corrupt politicians and businessmen and all the "sheeple" will be put in their place, and the true strong "individuals" liek themselves will rise to the top.

    Keep dreaming, it will never happen.
    I love how you seem to look down on people because they have a different view than you.

    I'm glad you love the atmosphere of the UK, but there are many who could not stand it. I count myself among them. Libertarianism often has little to do with being some kind of survivalist, or dreaming of some kind of "collapse". It's more about believing that people should have the freedom to decide what to do with their own lives without an overbearing government telling them what's best for them.

    What I, and many like me, dream of is freedom. The ability to do what we want as long as we aren't bringing harm to others. The ability to not be judged for the misdeeds of the few.

    You have your dream. I don't care. Just keep it in your country, and don't try to influence mine.

    Oh, and like*
    ...

  2. #31572
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I love how you seem to look down on people because they have a different view than you.
    I love how you hate people who think different to you. 1-1

    I'm glad you love the atmosphere of the UK, but there are many who could not stand it. I count myself among them.
    How many times you been here?

    You have your dream. I don't care. Just keep it in your country, and don't try to influence mine.
    If you can give an opinion on an international forum so can I. Who made you the police?

  3. #31573
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post


    I used that emoticon 29 times rather than 48 times in my SolitaryWalker thread resurrections, so sadly, 19 of those wonderful apprentices had to be sacrificed!

  4. #31574
    ... Array Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I love how you hate people who think different to you. 1-1
    I don't hate people who think differently than myself, in fact I often enjoy discussing differing opinions. Why else would I bother trying to elicit a response from you...? If you're referring to my posts about gun grabbers, I hate them because they are in direct opposition to my freedom, interests, and well-being, not because they have a different opinion. Also, I don't really understand your use of the emoji.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    How many times you been here?
    Zero, and I intend to keep it that way. I generally avoid places where I can't take any of my knives. You know, the ones I've used to stab countless people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    If you can give an opinion on an international forum so can I. Who made you the police?
    Police? What do you mean? I wasn't policing anything, I was simply responding to your condescending post with my opinion. You'll have to forgive me if it seemed like I intended otherwise.
    ...

  5. #31575
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    Trying to be good on diet, but we are having pizza for my info session this afternoon. Will I be able to resist the temptation? Do I care?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  6. #31576
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I don't hate people who think differently than myself, in fact I often enjoy differing opinions. Why else would I bother trying to elicit a response from you...? If you're referring to my posts about gun grabbers, I hate them because they are in direct opposition to my freedom, interests, and well-being, not because they have a different opinion.
    Ok, well I look down on gun nuts because children have to be slaughtered as the price of their arbitrary "freedom" which brings no tangible benefits (as has been shown in many debates here), and then these idiots paint themselves as the victims.

    2-2

    Also, I don't really understand your use of the emoji.
    Because I am happy, it is directed at the world in general and not you in particular.

    Zero,
    OK then. When your opinion on London is informed, maybe someone who does not already agree with you, will be convinced. Until then, enjoy talking to the mirror, with 0 arguments which will convince the majority.

    Police? What do you mean? I wasn't policing anything,
    Oh, it sounded like you are trying to tell me who and where I can speak to.

    This is a private forum for people around the world, if you can't stand the sight of foreigners or "gun-grabbers" and it hurts your feelings that they dare express an opinion, then maybe post on another forum instead?

    Otherwise, you will just have to live with their presence, and their right to not care about your feelings on this issue.

  7. #31577
    ... Array Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Ok, well I look down on gun nuts because children have to be slaughtered as the price of their arbitrary "freedom" which brings no tangible benefits (as has been shown in many debates here), and then these idiots paint themselves as the victims.
    Why am I not surprised that you use the term "gun nuts"...

    Owning a gun brings no tangible benefits? I'll have to disagree with you there.

    In some ways they are the victims. They are being judged by the actions of another person. That is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    2-2
    ...What exactly are you keeping score of?

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Because I am happy, it is directed at the world in general and not you in particular.
    Fair enough. Your use of it is somewhat confusing in context, however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    OK then. When your opinion on London is informed, maybe someone who does not already agree with you, will be convinced. Until then, enjoy talking to the mirror, with 0 arguments which will convince the majority.
    Convince? I'm attempting to do no such thing! I was simply stating that not everyone has your apparent view of utopia, and some may see it as quite revolting. One of the first things I do when thinking about visiting a country is look up the types of laws they have in place. Often, knife laws are a starting point for me given my interests. Based on how knives seem to be viewed there, I'm unlikely to ever want to visit. Nothing personal; just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Oh, it sounded like you are trying to tell me who and where I can speak to.

    This is a private forum for people around the world, if you can't stand the sight of foreigners or "gun-grabbers" and it hurts your feelings that they dare express an opinion, then maybe post on another forum instead?

    Otherwise, you will just have to live with their presence, and their right to not care about your feelings on this issue.
    Hardly. I just do not understand the desire some people have to influence places that they have no right to influence. I think that certain laws in other countries are ignorant and barbaric at times. However, I do not attempt to change them. Recently there has been a rash of people popping up in other countries trying to influence US gun laws, and I dislike it, and I don't think they understand their place. I'm not saying that citizens of the US are immune to doing this, far from it in fact. You just have to understand my viewpoint here.

    Pfft, you have apparently terribly misinterpreted how I feel. I don't give a damn if you want to ban guns in a different country. It's your right. However, gun grabbers in the USA are people I have to deal with. My feelings are not so easily hurt. My hatred is not from being wounded, it's from what I view as ignorance and stupidity.

    Normally, I wouldn't have even bothered to respond to a post like yours, but the obvious condescension led me to attempt to figure out the root of it. I admit, I have failed. If there is a reason beyond the obvious, I don't see it, and I grow to weary to keep this up.
    ...

  8. #31578
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Why am I not surprised that you use the term "gun nuts"...
    Same way you use the term gun grabbers.

    At least I am aware of my own tone when I post. You seem unaware of the things you say, and then get surprised when you get a strong response, after stating how much you hate people, want to punch them, accusing them of the worst kinds of crimes, etc.

    In some ways they are the victims. They are being judged by the actions of another person. That is ridiculous.
    That's how laws work. I can't take explosives on a plane because of the actions of another person. It's you who places special importance on gun ownership as valuable to citizens and society, which nobody has shown me is justified (unless you are a farmer maybe).

    Convince? I'm attempting to do no such thing! I was simply stating that not everyone has your apparent view of utopia, and some may see it as quite revolting.
    There's no such thing as utopia. London is just a relatively sane and free place, not like hte catastrophic predictions of the "gun nuts" I often read here.

    Hardly. I just do not understand the desire some people have to influence places that they have no right to influence.
    You think me posting on a forum is an attempt to influence US lawmakers?

    It's your friends and family, and kids if you ever have them, who are at risk. If I hated you guys, I'd be happy for you all to keep killing each other.

    I am not attempting to influence anyone, but if you post views which make my head hurt due to their insanity, repeatedly, on an MBTI forum, then be open to the possibility that I may reply.

    If you go on an NRA forum to post, I won't be there.

    My feelings are not so easily hurt. My hatred is not from being wounded, it's from what I view as ignorance and stupidity.
    Likewise.

    Normally, I wouldn't have even bothered to respond to a post like yours, but the obvious condescension led me to attempt to figure out the root of it.
    Maybe the fact that yout alk about freedom, but spew out hatred and violence against your opponents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    I’ve been to London.

    No wonder those guys wrote this: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

    Finally one of you guys lands a blow! Consider yourself an honorary Englishman (for the day). :P

  9. #31579
    ... Array Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Oh, good! You're still here. I was otherwise preoccupied for the last hour or so, but all the while I was hoping you hadn't left!

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Same way you use the term gun grabbers.
    I predicted such a response. May I ask if you differentiate between "gun nuts" and other types of gun owners?

    At least I am aware of my own tone when I post. You seem unaware of the things you say, and then get surprised when you get a strong response, after stating how much you hate people, want to punch them, accusing them of the worst kinds of crimes, etc.
    Considering those are things are from a previous post, which was not part of this conversation, I'd say I have the right to be surprised when it comes up. If your initial post was supposed to be in reply to that, you probably should have quoted it. Who was I accusing of what terrible crime again? I'm sorry, I'm dreadfully tired right now, and you're drawing in things from posts which I didn't consider pertinent to this conversation.

    By the way, I'm well aware of the fact that I have an inconsistent tone. In fact, I've downright stated that people shouldn't expect a consistent tone from me. It's just in my nature, and is something that gets worse as I tire. My whole manner of thinking and prose is subject to change as I grow weary.

    That's how laws work. I can't take explosives on a plane because of the actions of another person. It's you who places special importance on gun ownership as valuable to citizens and society, which nobody has shown me is justified (unless you are a farmer maybe).
    Unfortunately I can't disagree with you there. For most cases anyway. However, don't try to single me out here. There are many who place value on gun ownership.

    Why is it important that anyone justifies anything to you? You obviously aren't on the fence about the issue, guns are already all but extinct in your country, and trying to convince someone of something when they've already latched on to an opinion is usually a waste of time and effort.

    There's no such thing as utopia. London is just a relatively sane and free place, not like hte catastrophic predictions of the "gun nuts" I often read here.
    Indeed, but you were implying that your utopia would contain no firearms, correct? That was kind of the point I was trying to reach. Many would not view that the same way.


    You think me posting on a forum is an attempt to influence US lawmakers?

    It's your friends and family, and kids if you ever have them, who are at risk. If I hated you guys, I'd be happy for you all to keep killing each other.

    I am not attempting to influence anyone, but if you post views which make my head hurt due to their insanity, repeatedly, on an MBTI forum, then be open to the possibility that I may reply.

    If you go on an NRA forum to post, I won't be there.
    No, and I was not singling you out. "Some people" refers to a group, obviously. And by proxy, you can have some influence. Our ignorant media loves to compare apples to oranges when it suits them, so they often get opinions from "foreigners" on issues. Many politicians seem to respond to the media's opinion nearly as readily as to their constituents.

    What a wonderful sentiment! I wish more people would act that way, just let us kill each other in peace. Except my friends, family, and kids if I ever have them will not be killing each other. Something that the anti-gun crowd doesn't seem to understand.

    I welcome your reply, I just object to the condescending tone with which you spoke. May I ask, however, why my belief that we should all be free to decide things for ourselves up until we harm another person, is insane?

    Nah, I have no desire to go there, I don't hang out with the gun crowd that much. I've donated to the NRA before, because I believe in their cause, but I'm more of a knife-nut, myself. So it looks like I'll hang out here and get to speak with you for a while longer!

    Maybe the fact that yout alk about freedom, but spew out hatred and violence against your opponents.
    Don't misunderstand me (I'm going to assume that you are again referring to a few of my previous posts in this thread), that post about wanting to punch them and hating them was as close to a cry for help as you'll ever hear from me. I'm usually perfectly happy with hating in silence, and my threats for violence are hollow, nothing more than me venting. I want to understand why they see things the way that they do despite the fact that I resent them for being in opposition to what I believe to the best interests of my country, and I want to better understand why I dislike them so much despite not having any real reason to feel threatened by them.
    ...

  10. #31580
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Why thank you, good sir, I am indeed honored.

    I will use my enhanced, albeit temporary, status upgrade to correct this misrepresentation of history:



    During WWII France fell like a pair of panties on prom night, and England was next on the agenda and was suffering major attacks, including bombers bombing your major cities with London taking the brunt of the attacks. Its citizens were scared shitless. People were dying by the thousands. Four million homes were destroyed.

    Hitler issued a directive reading “As England, in spite of the hopelessness of her military position, has so far shown herself unwilling to come to any compromise, I have decided to begin to prepare for, and if necessary to carry out, an invasion of England... and if necessary the island will be occupied.'”

    In fact – this is hilarious - Churchill organized an armed citizen militia (those nutty survivalist types… lovable buffoons… where do they get their hair-brained, unenlightened ideas?) called the Local Defense volunteers as the last defense – the pin in the grenade – of keeping an invasion from succeeding and the country from falling.

    If the gun-loving Americans had not joined the war you’d very likely be speaking either German or Russian while working (or… not) in your nice, gun-free city.

    This was only 70 years ago. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it dude.

    Err…. I mean…. yeah….. you guys haven’t been (technically.... technically you haven't! woohoo!) invaded since 1066, and .... it won’t ever happen, either. *wink wink*
    Sorry old bean but that's an absolutely and total fucking lie.

    The LDV were organised by Orwell, Tom Winterington and other veterans of the Spainish Civil War who'd experienced the left wing's abject and utter unpreparedness for a fascist military coup, including a shortage of even the most basic weapons for street and house to house fighting.

    Churchill and the establishment organised the LDV's co-option by the authorities in the shape of the Home Guard.

    If you read Orwell's war diaries you'll read all about it and also read about the extent to which the British left wing believed and were prepared for a sell out by Churchill and the monarchy to a triumphant Adolf Hitler.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO