User Tag List

Page 3129 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 212926293029307931193127312831293130313131393179322936294129 ... LastLast
Results 31,281 to 31,290 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you know, there's this awesome website that answers all kinds of random questions that anybody can think up... it's called wikipedia!
    Us non-United Statesians are a minority, we have to make a point when you guys talk as if asusming that we will know all your customs. I always feel obliged to explain whenever I post something remotely culture specific.

But yeah if the forum was 90% my country I wouldn't do it either.

But anyway in short:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Conversation would quickly bog down and become tedious if everyone had to explain in advance everything they imagined someone else might not get. This is why god made google.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Us non-United Statesians are a minority, we have to make a point when you guys talk as if asusming that we will know all your customs. I always feel obliged to explain whenever I post something remotely culture specific.

But yeah if the forum was 90% my country I wouldn't do it either.

But anyway in short:
    I generally assume, as this site is populated by internet people, that everyone else also has at least one window open to wikipedia to look things up at any given time... the fact that others are less curious makes me sad

on another note, I have to look up plenty of things by US people because the damned country is too fucking big for one region's slang and food and such to apply to the others

not to mention looking up things posted by people from elsewhere

easier to have someone look up rootbeer than to explain it anyways
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Conversation would quickly bog down and become tedious if everyone had to explain in advance everything they imagined someone else might not get.
    Welcome to the world of a Ti-dom.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

I generally assume, as this site is populated by internet people, that everyone else also has at least one window open to wikipedia to look things up at any given time... the fact that others are less curious makes me sad

on another note, I have to look up plenty of things by US people because the damned country is too fucking big for one region's slang and food and such to apply to the others

not to mention looking up things posted by people from elsewhere

easier to have someone look up rootbeer than to explain it anyways
    Well at least when I do it, asking is like a slapdown, the subtext being: "don't assume I knwo your fucked up terms"

I don't like strangers round these here parts.

you know, there's this awesome website that answers all kinds of random questions that anybody can think up... it's called wikipedia!
    Well given that I wanted to make conversation with you and you are not interested I could google or do a wiki search, I wasnt as interested in merely finding out what sasparilla was though, if that were the case I would have done the search and never posted anything.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I hate when people have no sense of humor about things...

(plus, describing the flavor of rootbeer to someone in a location in which sassafras is NOT endemic is a pretty impossible task...)
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Conversation would quickly bog down and become tedious if everyone had to explain in advance everything they imagined someone else might not get. This is why god made google.
    Surprised at the extent to which none of you want to talk.

Although its duely noted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Nobody said they didn't want to talk! They just said if you want a definition, look it up.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Nobody said they didn't want to talk! They just said if you want a definition, look it up.
    and correct you are!