User Tag List

Page 3124 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 212426243024307431143122312331243125312631343174322436244124 ... LastLast
Results 31,231 to 31,240 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Thank heavens I got a 4% [whopping] pay increase this year rather than the standard 3%, as I'll be making $7 more per take-home paycheck this year than last, vs. less than last year. Thank you fiscal cliff deal. 'Above and Beyond' gets me an extra dinner out a month.
    Is that the official review buzzword? Anyway congrats, etc :confeti:
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Thank heavens I got a 4% [whopping] pay increase this year rather than the standard 3%, as I'll be making $7 more per take-home paycheck this year than last, vs. less than last year. Thank you fiscal cliff deal. 'Above and Beyond' gets me an extra dinner out a month.
    There are 'humanitarians' who want rich people killed. Beef up security at your house.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Is that the official review buzzword? Anyway congrats, etc :confeti:
    I think the official buzzword was 'Exceeded Expectations'. Re. congrats... yeah... as for compensation I think I'll stick with the 'Achieved Expectations' for next year, since the compensation is negligible between the two.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There are 'humanitarians' who want rich people killed. Beef up security at your house.
    I be the lowly middle class, far under 100K.

But yeah... I'm far better off than many.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There are 'humanitarians' who want rich people killed.
    Such as?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

A very bizzarre occurrence.

Scene: weekly dinner with my father and little bro in a London restaurant.

After we've finished, the manager walks over and shakes my dad's hand, says, "it's me, how are you!? I didn't want to bother you while you were eating! How are you!?"

My old man stares at him blankly. After an awkward silence "where did I meet you" (along those lines).

Manager "You don't remember me!?" </Laughing, taking it as a joke> "Ok I'll stand at this angle!" <Turns around> "Ok how about from this angle!?" <Stands directly opposite, leaning forward, smiling>

Old man: "sorry, I can't think where we met?"

Manager: Specchless for while. "you're being serious? Do you have kids!?"

Me: "We are his kids. But then there's the two stepchildren, maybe you mean them? where did you meet him?"

Manager: "You live near me!"

Me: "where do you live"

Manager: "________"

Old Man: "No, I've never been there"

Manager: Speechless for a while, then "sorry", walks away, looks back from a distance.

Later on we chatted to him again. Still not convinced. Thinks he has known him for 8 years. From his way of acting and looking, I can tell he thinks it's a lie and that the old man has been living a secret double life. He even let us have our desert free.

I have made "doppelganger" mistakes before, but even after such a long convo with someone, to mistake them for someone you have known well for 8 years and still thinks it's the same person? and it's like he is a bum or a drunk, he is a manager of a large restuarant.

Crazy!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

"No guacamole," I said. That is Spanish for "No guacamole." There is no excuse for fucking up the order.

WALMART

I don't know how the messed up the videogame for Rise of the North Star. The movie rocks.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    "No guacamole," I said. That is Spanish for "No guacamole." There is no excuse for fucking up the order.
    Maybe they thought you said "No, guacamole".

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Been away for a while. Is it me or has the humor lever dropped and the forum become increasingly angsty as of late? Post-festivus January blues?
    BUMP was I wrong? I am pretty sure I am right has anyone else noticed it?