User Tag List

Page 3107 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 210726073007305730973105310631073108310931173157320736074107 ... LastLast
Results 31,061 to 31,070 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Nothing like a mouthful of grounds in that last slurp of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Nothing like a mouthful of grounds in that last slurp of coffee.
    Ha! Has happened to me a couple of times

Anew Leaf

You know you're doing your NYE make up right when you look in the mirror and think "I could walk the streets."

Blue and Copper Eyeshadow = LOLwin.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Dammit.. there's no one home.. I can blast the stereo when I shower.
    I have an earworm for some kind of music.. up-tempo, but something I could sing along with..

*keeps rifling through huge CD book*

C'mon.. something.. jump out at me. I crave sound.

I've starved my poor heart of sustenance for weeks, now, come to think of it. No wonder I've felt so.. meh.

*turns pages*

Hmm.
    I think I know EXACTLY how this is.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

dear world,

fuck you from the bottom of my heart

sincerely, whatever
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I am REALLY fucking lucky when it comes to cops being nice to me. I should have speeding tickets in Massachusetts, 3 in PA, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and 2 in South Carolina. But I keep getting away with warnings or reduced tickets. I was going 45 in a 25, and the cop reduced it down to a seatbelt violation which is only $25 and no points.

Hell, up in PA back in September, my registration had run out, and the cop not only let me get away without a ticket for speeding.... But he didn't give me a ticket for my registration violation either. And legally, he shouldn't have let me drive away without a valid registration. But he did.

I should probably stop pushing my luck on these things.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    You know you're doing your NYE make up right when you look in the mirror and think "I could walk the streets."

Blue and Copper Eyeshadow = LOLwin.
    Hmmm... You need a little more eye shadow and some red lipstick before you hit the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I am REALLY fucking lucky when it comes to cops being nice to me. I should have speeding tickets in Massachusetts, 3 in PA, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and 2 in South Carolina. But I keep getting away with warnings or reduced tickets. I was going 45 in a 25, and the cop reduced it down to a seatbelt violation which is only $25 and no points.

Hell, up in PA back in September, my registration had run out, and the cop not only let me get away without a ticket for speeding.... But he didn't give me a ticket for my registration violation either. And legally, he shouldn't have let me drive away without a valid registration. But he did.

I should probably stop pushing my luck on these things.
    Whoa.

We need to swap cop stories! But, you definitely have me beat on getting away with things!

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Whoa.

We need to swap cop stories! But, you definitely have me beat on getting away with things!
    Someone repped me that it's because I'm pretty. But I like to think it's because I'm always really nice and respectful to them. I don't try to lie or play dumb with them when they ask me questions, I'm just apologetic and polite. And they usually seem to ask questions about where I'm headed and such, so I try to be as personable as possible and talk to them. Maybe it's an ISTJ thing, but I don't have the same resentment for cops that a lot of people seem to harbor.

My ESFP dad seems to assume that all cops are assholes, and when they pull you over they're just being dickheads. He went so far as to say that someone should go spread roofing nails in the spot where the one cop who got me likes to sit. I don't get that. I was speeding. I was going 88 in a 65 that time, as a matter of fact. How is the cop the asshole there? He was doing his job, and was 100% justified in pulling me over. And he was WAY nicer to me than he needed to be. He got me with the radar gun. If he had given me the full speeding ticket, I would have never been able to fight it in court since it was the radar gun. But in my dad's eyes, the cop is the asshole.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Someone repped me that it's because I'm pretty. But I like to think it's because I'm always really nice and respectful to them. I don't try to lie or play dumb with them when they ask me questions, I'm just apologetic and polite. And they usually seem to ask questions about where I'm headed and such, so I try to be as personable as possible and talk to them. Maybe it's an ISTJ thing, but I don't have the same resentment for cops that a lot of people seem to harbor.

My ESFP dad seems to assume that all cops are assholes, and when they pull you over they're just being dickheads. He went so far as to say that someone should go spread roofing nails in the spot where the one cop who got me likes to sit. I don't get that. I was speeding. I was going 88 in a 65 that time, as a matter of fact. How is the cop the asshole there? He was doing his job, and was 100% justified in pulling me over. And he was WAY nicer to me than he needed to be. He got me with the radar gun. If he had given me the full speeding ticket, I would have never been able to fight it in court since it was the radar gun. But in my dad's eyes, the cop is the asshole.
    I agree completely, and I take the exact same approach as you do. Yeah, it's silly to perceive the cop as an asshole when he's doing his job and it's an obvious traffic offense. (And I've had to issue fines myself to fellow students as an RA in college--that made me a real popular guy. ) I've been pulled over about 5-6 times in my life, and I was only issued a citation once (but they eventually dropped it). One time, I was even given a coupon for free fries at McDonald's after I was pulled over by the state police for going 45 in a 35 zone.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I keep thinking that @Victor is the PM of Australia o.o
    Well, in the sense that Julia and Victor are inter-subjective.