User Tag List

Page 3095 of 6764 FirstFirst ... 209525952995304530853093309430953096309731053145319535954095 ... LastLast
Results 30,941 to 30,950 of 67638

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Unique Mixture's Christmas Avatar for the win.

Watching some movie called Cold Mountain, an American civil war drama, there's a battle scene at the very beginning of it of some trench warfare and the shock and surprise of the braggards who're plunged into bloody, and bloody chaotic, combat, I've never experienced that, although I've been caught in or had to run from street fighting and mobs fighting the bit out and I think that movie depiction of fighting is pretty good.

Also, I got a goddamned sword for Christmas, I never expected that, not for a single second, its a beautiful wooden training sword with an equally beautiful wooden scabbard, I've no idea how they made that but its red oat and a great unexpected gift.

garbage

gcc's -l option require the name of the lib to be stripped...
    example: libwinmm.a -> the correct option is -lwinmm, so you put winmm in the configuration dialog.
    If you've read the gcc docs about it you would have found that.
    I answered the part that I'm qualified to answer. I don't use SDL, so I can't walk you through the basics of setting it up on your system. I'm sure their documentation tells you how to do it in detail, and you're getting errors because you neglected to follow the instructions.
    no, that's incorrect, probably based on your experience with non-standard-by-default Microsoft tools. g++, from the GNU toolchain, accepts standard main no matter which subsystem. See my answer below for a more reasonable hypothesis (which when tested produces the exact error message).
    Tech forums

Gotta love it. It took many a pioneer many a day to get their questions answered, as they met with sheer resistance and hardnosery at every step of the way. I thank God every day that these people have blazed a path so that I may Google my question and stumble upon the answers that they eventually obtained after much tribulation.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Unique Mixture's Christmas Avatar for the win.

Watching some movie called Cold Mountain, an American civil war drama, there's a battle scene at the very beginning of it of some trench warfare and the shock and surprise of the braggards who're plunged into bloody, and bloody chaotic, combat, I've never experienced that, although I've been caught in or had to run from street fighting and mobs fighting the bit out and I think that movie depiction of fighting is pretty good.

Also, I got a goddamned sword for Christmas, I never expected that, not for a single second, its a beautiful wooden training sword with an equally beautiful wooden scabbard, I've no idea how they made that but its red oat and a great unexpected gift.
    That's so great.

"What'd you get for Christmas, Lark?"
    "A God damned sword!!"

Anew Leaf

One of my top two creepy male customers is here today. Why is he creepy? #1: He blatently stares at my boobs. #2: He reeks of body odor. #3: Did I mention how he stares at my chest? I have to keep crossing my arms and then he stares at god knows what else. #4: He pulls this "I'm so helpless" and requires nonstop help while he gets angry at not knowing what to do and starts randomly yelling. #5: He will occasionally start hitting himself. #6: He will randomly start arguing with me and saying how wrong I am regardless of what I am actually saying. #7: The combination of all of the above.

I pretty much expect him to murder me one of these days.

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    One of my top two creepy male customers is here today. Why is he creepy? #1: He blatently stares at my boobs. #2: He reeks of body odor. #3: Did I mention how he stares at my chest? I have to keep crossing my arms and then he stares at god knows what else. #4: He pulls this "I'm so helpless" and requires nonstop help while he gets angry at not knowing what to do and starts randomly yelling. #5: He will occasionally start hitting himself. #6: He will randomly start arguing with me and saying how wrong I am regardless of what I am actually saying. #7: The combination of all of the above.

I pretty much expect him to murder me one of these days.
    Why would anyone stare at your chest so much?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't get the point of the above picture posted by Rasofy with those 2 ugly people hugging each other and those dorky smiles.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I don't get the point of the above picture posted by Rasofy with those 2 ugly people hugging each other and those dorky smiles.
    I- You'd need to watch th tv show Dexter to understand the irony. Their characters (really) hate each other.

II- Definitely gay.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I- You'd need to watch th tv show Dexter to understand the irony. Their characters (really) hate each other.
    "You are a liar and a murderer!... but you're such a fuckin' sweetheart. "
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Dependable Skeleton Array Engineer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

II- Definitely gay.
    But only one of them is gay... the other is married to the show's protagonist IRL...?
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Was.. I think they got divorced.