User Tag List

Page 3064 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 206425642964301430543062306330643065306630743114316435644064 ... LastLast
Results 30,631 to 30,640 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Anew Leaf

How have I never spent time reading youtube comments before? Pure gold has been washing past the stream of my life for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    If killing didn't have any consequences and wasn't against my moral code, I might do it.
    If killing didn't have any consequences, it would be completely pointless to do it. Have you been reading Camus?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    How have I never spent time reading youtube comments before? Pure gold has been washing past the stream of my life for far too long.
    You've got a strong stomach, milady!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training

Apparently you can learn to (partially) control your parasympathetic nervous system and increase blood circulation and thus increase body temperature by will.
    sitting in a cool room practicing right now.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    You've got a strong stomach, milady!
    Well, I was listening to a song I like, and watching its incredibly disturbing video... and then realized that the comments made the disturbing video even more amazing based on the interpretations of what happened in the video combined with the overwhelming amount of "WTF DID I JUST WATCH."

I'm not sure how much of these comments I could potentially read...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Well, I was listening to a song I like, and watching its incredibly disturbing video... and then realized that the comments made the disturbing video even more amazing based on the interpretations of what happened in the video combined with the overwhelming amount of "WTF DID I JUST WATCH."

I'm not sure how much of these comments I could potentially read...

From what I have seen, 99% of them are painfully uninformed political debates and personal attacks that have zero to do with the video ... all written in abysmal English (or really bad French, German, Spanish, etc.). Then there is the classic innuendo joke.

If it's a video of an older song/piece of music or an old movie there will be a few hundred inspiring "I am X years old, but I like this" and "They don't make them like that anymore" comments, which are unoriginal but the most harmless you'll find.

If there is a young female in the video you're sure to find a lot of wellphrased and witty sexual proposals*.

Oh, and I almost forgot another classic, the " >insert number of people who clicked "dislike" < have >insert seemingly funny reference to video<" (for example, in the case of something related to the Hitchhiker's Huide "233 people do not know where their towel is", funny at first but you wouldn't believe how fast it gets old)

*A friend of mine dreads to read the comments underneath a video that features her younger sister.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

who died and made you god?
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Last night we slept with the sheet, quilt, and two comforters on our bed because the radiator was broken. It was fricking cold getting out of bed, but so cozy in bed!! Is it weird that I'm almost a bit sad that my (awesome) spouse fixed the radiator today?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Sometimes exposure to children is the best birth control.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug