User Tag List

Page 3035 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 203525352935298530253033303430353036303730453085313535354035 ... LastLast
Results 30,341 to 30,350 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I really dislike extensions of deadlines.
    Weirdo.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    "This isn't going to be the politically correct thing to say--and I'm not politically correct, but:"
    --everyone on the planet
    I'm politically correct about some things, depends on the politics and the correctness.

Cant find the rant thread and this is a bit of a rant but I wish to God that people would not ask me what my day was like or how I am or the previous day has went and then walk away from me with an incomplete answer or demonstrate immediately that they were not really interested in the answer to begin with.

I'm not even talking about not wishing to hear a verbose answer because for the most part I deliberately avoid being verbose, when people ask you what your day has been like or your day previously they generally dont care, they only want to hear, fine, OK, alright, some other none communication which fills in for anything meaningful so I generally do not go into any detail. That's fine, I try not to do this but I know that I have and will occasionally.

What bothers me too about this is I'm not talking about interaction between myself and strangers, colleagues, acquaintences, friends (see what I did there with the varying degrees of association?) but immediately family members.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    As someone who has a check something light on as well... are you positive it's needed?
    The fix or the check-me-im-broken light?

The fix isn't really needed because I scanned the engine trouble code, and it's just a sensor whose only real point is to turn on the light in order to meet EPA emissions regulations. (what's up with that? ) In general, the check engine light means some small thing is wrong with the engine electronics, and it will probably run, but not as efficiently as it could. Some vehicles also have lights which come on to remind you to have it serviced, such as for an oil change.

I really dislike extensions of deadlines.
    What?

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post

What?
    Well it doesn't "really" matter since I'll be done before the old deadline. However, if I had known that there would be more time, I would have paced myself in a healthier manner.

Well it doesn't "really" matter since I'll be done before the old deadline. However, if I had known that there would be more time, I would have paced myself in a healthier manner.
    Oh ok, I agree then about extensions in that case! (I didn't think of that because I'm so rarely done by the original deadline. )

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Oh ok, I agree then about extensions in that case! (I didn't think of that because I'm so rarely done by the original deadline. )
    Hahaha! Also, knowing that I have extra time makes me crazy because then I'd torture myself about modifying things, I'll start finding faults where there are none etc. I prefer the guillotine-esque finality of fixed deadlines. Sure, I'll be stressed if I think I don't have enough time but at least I know that it'll be over soon. Hmm, very acute disease versus chronic disease.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Cant find the rant thread and this is a bit of a rant
    I'm making the unilateral executive decision to sticky that thread, because I can never find it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm making the unilateral executive decision to sticky that thread, because I can never find it, either.
    Its in the bonfire isnt it? I looked both there and the fluff zone, I only remember it because I saw it in the recently posted in threads ticker last week.