User Tag List

Page 3010 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 201025102910296030003008300930103011301230203060311035104010 ... LastLast
Results 30,091 to 30,100 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Lark, if we're being real with each other, I'm always a little surprised when you display knowledge that comes from a source that's not leather-bound and published before 1950. I'd give you a gold star just for being in the ballpark with your celeb gossip.
    A lot of modern publishing is shite.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    A lot of modern publishing is shite.
    I rest my case.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What's all this now I'm not up on celebrity news?
    I think there are at least a few times where one of us has said that we're not on the up-and-up on something, and the other has said that it's for the best.

This is one of those times.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Yep, apparently my Ni can get me so lost within my head, my folks have to make sure I'm coherent and in the present moment.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

garbage

Pandora's getting really, really good at picking out great music.

Then again, my definition of great music is
    and

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What a great day so far
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

garbage

Here's something that's been churning in my brain but that I'm not ready for feedback on. A random thought.

Sooo.. lots and lots of texts tell us that karmic justice is part of the natural order of the universe and that unjust acts will be punished--so we ought not worry about seeking revenge ourselves. Some even say that making judgments is outside of our scope.

But surely, part of that natural 'punishment' is society's gavel, though--be it through social shaming, incarceration, praising, etc.? On the other side of the coin, doesn't society praise behaviors that it regards as 'just'? And as part of society, aren't we as individuals a part of the machinery that restores natural order or doles out natural punishment, at least in very, very small ways?

I have no way of getting this across coherently or meaningfully. By punishment I don't particularly mean.. you know, punishment; there's no clear definition for 'just,' and so on.

But there's that. This is why, when I'm asked when I'm thinking, I usually respond with--"Nothing."

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I don't know what the hell is going on here, but I thoroughly enjoyed this part.

Here, have another video:
    I think that if the internet didn't exist, hatred for this kind of shit wouldn't run rampant.

Default Math Teacher Arrested!

A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a slide-rule and a calculator.
    At a morning press conference, Attorney General Eric Holder said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-Gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.'Al-Gebra is a problem for us', the Attorney General said.
    'They derive solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values.' They use secret code names like 'X' and 'Y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'There are 3 sides to every triangle'.

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Obama said, 'If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, he would have given us more fingers and toes.' White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the President. It is believed that another Nobel Prize will follow.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a slide-rule and a calculator.
    At a morning press conference, Attorney General Eric Holder said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-Gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.'Al-Gebra is a problem for us', the Attorney General said.
    'They derive solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values.' They use secret code names like 'X' and 'Y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'There are 3 sides to every triangle'.

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Obama said, 'If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, he would have given us more fingers and toes.' White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the President. It is believed that another Nobel Prize will follow.
    these terrorists are getting creative
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE