User Tag List

Page 3004 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 200425042904295429943002300330043005300630143054310435044004 ... LastLast
Results 30,031 to 30,040 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I forgot to mention that the flower is currently 2.27 meters (about 7.45 feet) high. At peak time it grew 17cm (6.7 inches) in just 24 hours.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Just passing on a message....

LOL.

I was just talking about Hostess Twinkies, not the whole world.
    -Ekahau, Creator of the Mayan Calendar

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I forgot to mention that the flower is currently 2.27 meters (about 7.45 feet) high. At peak time it grew 17cm (6.7 inches) in just 24 hours.
    Is that one of those horribly stinky flowers?

(Reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors: "Feed me, Seymour!" Come to think of it, the correct punctuation could also be "Feed me Seymour!")
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    someone really needs to invent a museum of natural disasters so that I can go and see awesome things like tornadoes, volcanoes and mud flows when I want to go and see them... really... 29 years of living at one end of tornado alley and I still haven't even managed to see the most accessible of natural disasters around here
    This idea needs its own thread, but instead of a museum, I would go with a week-long, virtual-reality experience. I can see it now.

1) The minor-inconvenience hurricane experience: Spend two days watching endless animations of the hurricane that might or might not hit your area, while constantly prepping for it by beating away others to stock up on supplies that are in short supply, boarding up your windows, filling sandbags, cleaning and prepping your house, and setting up your generator. After the hurricane hits, spend the next few days without power (your generator ran out of gas and you can't get out to get more) either in the extreme heat of summer or the extreme cold of winter, dealing with downed trees blocking any way out, and watching the food in your fully-stocked refrigerator rot.

2) The major-inconvenience hurricane experience: Same as the minor-inconvenience experience except you also have to deal with rising flood waters, parts of your roof blowing off, and dangerous flying debris during the hurricane.

3) The tornado experience (with or without basement to hide in): Spend a week never knowing when the tornado sirens might go off and you will have to rush to safety. One scenario: your house is ripped off its foundations and blown away while you hide in the bathtub and hold on for dear life.

And you could do things other than natural disasters, such as:

4) The care giver experience: Take care of an actor playing a disabled elderly person.

5) The parenting experience: Take care of children as if they were your own. Choose from various age ranges. You will be constantly monitored to prevent you abusing your charges.

6) The 47% experience: Choose from being in the military, old and on Social Security, laid off and looking for a job, born poor, or a real deadbeat trying to screw the system.
    etc., etc., etc.

Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Is that one of those horribly stinky flowers?

(Reminds me of Little Shop of Horrors: "Feed me, Seymour!" Come to think of it, the
    correct punctuation could also be "Feed me Seymour!")
    Yes, it smells like carrion to attract insects. And LSOH is awesome.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I wish I knew how to make this rye and something bread taste less like shite.

NPcomplete

This idea needs its own thread, but instead of a museum, I would go with a week-long, virtual-reality experience. I can see it now.
    You'd be surprised by how often I do this . :P (Or not... ) (The Pleasant Edition though...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wish I knew how it would feel to be different.
    I sensed as much.

The tornado experience (with or without basement to hide in): Spend a week never knowing when the tornado sirens might go off and you will have to rush to safety. One scenario: your house is ripped off its foundations and blown away while you hide in the bathtub and hold on for dear life.
    I'd rather jump on board with the fellas who chase tornadoes.