User Tag List

Page 3002 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 200225022902295229923000300130023003300430123052310235024002 ... LastLast
Results 30,011 to 30,020 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Drink of the week: Adult Limeade. The bottles are so small yet so expensive. Already drank the fucking bottle.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    All out nuclear war? What is this the eighties
    Well, we gotta maintain our diligence in keeping the Soviet threat in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I am not worried about either the power of the church or the state.

I am annoyed at the special status it is granted compared to other entities because the only justification for that is tradition and - as I once heard a professor of public law say here at the university of Heidelberg - tradition is a pisspoor justification for an exceptional legal status.
    Really? Tradition and heritage is what we owe our lives to, hopefully you'll come to realise that in time. Maybe when you have kids and feel like hading them on your learning whole so they can avoid the mistakes you made.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Well, we gotta maintain our diligence in keeping the Soviet threat in check.

What about the Nazis hiding out in Brazil?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Really? Tradition and heritage is what we owe our lives to, hopefully you'll come to realise that in time. Maybe when you have kids and feel like hading them on your learning whole so they can avoid the mistakes you made.
    I did not say tradition was worthless per se, I said it's a bad justification for legal privilege.

PS: The court just decided in favor of the union and against the church.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

I did not say tradition was worthless per se, I said it's a bad justification for legal privilege.

PS: The court just decided in favor of the union and against the church.
    I dont believe that either church or state should have the power to over rule unions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I dont believe that either church or state should have the power to over rule unions.
    Well, the unions won today, so cheer up

As for state officials (who have lifelong tenure and automatic promotions in exchange for their solidarity towards the state, they are considered something akin to civilian soldiers), legal opinion is divided as to whether or not they can strike. The teachers union for example does go on demonstrations though.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Well, the unions won today, so cheer up

As for state officials (who have lifelong tenure and automatic promotions in exchange for their solidarity towards the state, they are considered something akin to civilian soldiers), legal opinion is divided as to whether or not they can strike. The teachers union for example does go on demonstrations though.
    Yeah, I'm as unhappy with allusions between state employees and militarism as I am about church bashing and no worries statism.

I dont know enough about this dispute to reach a judgement, in the main I support unions though but I hope its not been an anti-religious coup or scam.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Yeah, I'm as unhappy with allusions between state employees and militarism as I am about church bashing and no worries statism.

I dont know enough about this dispute to reach a judgement, in the main I support unions though but I hope its not been an anti-religious coup or scam.
    First of all, I was referring to the 18th century origin of the concept, not being militaristic myself. If you knew me, you'd know that while I'm no strict pacifist, I am allergic to uniforms and the romantization and idealization of everything military.

Second, in this and many other cases in Germany the church (in this specific case a protestant church) and the unions are at odds with each other. Both the protestant and catholic church have been known to treat their employees badly, hiding behind their legal special status.

Third, not everyone is out to get the church or burn Catholics at a stake (which would mean beating them at their own game, lol), not even ardant laicists.

Fourth, good gracious, man, lighten up already!
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

WALMART

We also owe non-adherence to progress.

First of all, I was referring to the 18th century origin of the concept, not being militaristic myself. If you knew me, you'd know that while I'm no strict pacifist, I am allergic to uniforms and the romantization and idealization of everything military.

There's nothing wrong with militaristic romantization