User Tag List

Page 3001 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 200125012901295129912999300030013002300330113051310135014001 ... LastLast
Results 30,001 to 30,010 of 67735

Thread: Random Thought Thread

WALMART

Sike.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Going down memory lane, I came across one of the best posts ever inducted into the forum. Right here.

Hate

Default Security breach

My apartment has experienced a security breach, a gnat seems to have penetrated through my security defenses and has been flying around my apartment evading capture for the past two hours. All systems are shut down until this threat has been neutralized.

My plan is to lure him to his death with a banana. I will report back with an update.

sleepless, cold. the walking dead doesn't help
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm very curious about a judgement of the federal labour court that will decide today if employees of the church have a right to go on strike.

The issue is a bit complicated since state employees (who have something like tenure and have a special employment relationship with the state) can't go on strike either, an idea going back to Frederick the Great) and the church argues that they aren't they only once with their own labor regulations. They also insist on their historic legal privileges that go back to the era of the kaiser.

As a laicist however I do think that the state should have privileges that nobody else needs to have and that as far as labor law is concerned there shouldn't be a difference between working for the church and working for McDonald's (or, if that is less offensive, working for an NGO).

The church is and should not be above the law. Otherwise it would only be fair to grant the same rights to the Hindu community, i.e. go back to the 19th century and abandon labor laws all together.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Trying to stay awake at work. Don't want to get fired again...

Help?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Got my diabetic medication reduced, good news I've got execellent control and been losing weight, but been real quick to anger this last day or two, hope its not physical feedback turned into affect. Even dreamed about it. If there's one place you should be allowed to wreck havoc and kill its your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Rule #2: THERE ARE NO RULES YOU FOOL!
    That'll work too.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Table manners, lab rules..eh. They're all the same. WHEN IN DOUBT, PRESS ESC/USE THE SCALPEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I'm very curious about a judgement of the federal labour court that will decide today if employees of the church have a right to go on strike.

The issue is a bit complicated since state employees (who have something like tenure and have a special employment relationship with the state) can't go on strike either, an idea going back to Frederick the Great) and the church argues that they aren't they only once with their own labor regulations. They also insist on their historic legal privileges that go back to the era of the kaiser.

As a laicist however I do think that the state should have privileges that nobody else needs to have and that as far as labor law is concerned there shouldn't be a difference between working for the church and working for McDonald's (or, if that is less offensive, working for an NGO).

The church is and should not be above the law. Otherwise it would only be fair to grant the same rights to the Hindu community, i.e. go back to the 19th century and abandon labor laws all together.
    I cant believe you're worried about the power of the Church, virtually irrelevent as culture has made it, but arent worried at all about statism.

Wait, no, I'm not surprised. What am I saying. That is pretty predictable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I cant believe you're worried about the power of the Church, virtually irrelevent as culture has made it, but arent worried at all about statism.

Wait, no, I'm not surprised. What am I saying. That is pretty predictable.
    I am not worried about either the power of the church or the state.

I am annoyed at the special status it is granted compared to other entities because the only justification for that is tradition and - as I once heard a professor of public law say here at the university of Heidelberg - tradition is a pisspoor justification for an exceptional legal status.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari