User Tag List

Page 2987 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 198724872887293729772985298629872988298929973037308734873987 ... LastLast
Results 29,861 to 29,870 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Haha same. What causes you to get in the grip of your shadow function? When I was depressed/unhealthy, I used to cry randomly ("this weather touches my soul") and give people I was angry with, rants about the consuming wrath I felt towards them for being inauthentic and not letting me express my "true self".
    I tend to have shadow "episodes", i.e. brief moments or even periods of a full day or longer, but I haven't been in the grip of Fi for longer than three or four days before. If it's a brief moment, then it's likely that I will have gotten very angry, full of righteous indignation about something -- probably bitching someone out behind their back, for being incompetent. If longer than that, I won't have the energy to get outwardly angry, and I'll just be quiet and wallflower-ish and subdued, more interested in listening than talking. Sometimes I'll have such a clear image of Me, in my head -- i.e. Me the person, the character, the unique and lovely individual -- that it's almost like an out-of-body experience, seeing both myself and the outside world from somewhere far away.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I tend to have shadow "episodes", i.e. brief moments or even periods of a full day or longer, but I haven't been in the grip of Fi for longer than three or four days before. If it's a brief moment, then it's likely that I will have gotten very angry, full of righteous indignation about something -- probably bitching someone out behind their back, for being incompetent. If longer than that, I won't have the energy to get outwardly angry, and I'll just be quiet and wallflower-ish and subdued, more interested in listening than talking. Sometimes I'll have such a clear image of Me, in my head -- i.e. Me the person, the character, the unique and lovely individual -- that it's almost like an out-of-body experience, seeing both myself and the outside world from somewhere far away.
    Hmm that's rather interesting. What makes you angry at someone? Just incompetence? I form these intricate plans in my head when I'm seriously pissed at someone to teach them a lesson or to make them do what I want to do in order to fix something. I see, what brings you to see yourself that way when you're experiencing your episode?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Hmm that's rather interesting. What makes you angry at someone? Just incompetence?
    I can't even begin to list the things that can make me angry at someone. Of course, I'm an enneagram 1, so that's typical.

But I guess the more ESTJ-ish (and less 1-ish) things that make me angry at people, besides incompetence and related things, are rudeness, thoughtlessness, general douchebaggery, relentless pestering/doing things over and over while ignoring requests that they stop, and trolling.
    I form these intricate plans in my head when I'm seriously pissed at someone to teach them a lesson or to make them do what I want to do in order to fix something.
    Interesting. I definitely don't do that. If I'm really pissed off at someone, my anger is laser-focused, and detailed plans are too much of a diversion/sidetrack. (Plus, doing stuff like that generally doesn't cross my mind anyway.)
    I see, what brings you to see yourself that way when you're experiencing your episode?
    I think it's what happens when I enclose myself too much in my own head. I stop being me, i.e. me as a united body and self, and as the self buries deeper, the body becomes part of the outside world as well. So it's not exactly an out-of-body experience -- more like a sitting-inside-my-head-and-staring-out-from-behind-my-eyes experience. Not sure how to describe it better than that.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I can't even begin to list the things that can make me angry at someone. Of course, I'm an enneagram 1, so that's typical.

But I guess the more ESTJ-ish (and less 1-ish) things that make me angry at people, besides incompetence and related things, are rudeness, thoughtlessness, general douchebaggery, relentless pestering/doing things over and over while ignoring requests that they stop, and trolling.

Interesting. I definitely don't do that. If I'm really pissed off at someone, my anger is laser-focused, and detailed plans are too much of a diversion/sidetrack. (Plus, doing stuff like that generally doesn't cross my mind anyway.)

I think it's what happens when I enclose myself too much in my own head. I stop being me, i.e. me as a united body and self, and as the self buries deeper, the body becomes part of the outside world as well. So it's not exactly an out-of-body experience -- more like a sitting-inside-my-head-and-staring-out-from-behind-my-eyes experience. Not sure how to describe it better than that.
    Oh okay, I see. I hate relentless pestering It especially gets on my nerves when people think they're being entertaining or funny by doing that. What kind of trolling?

I have this serious problem with feeling victimized. Oh okay, I get that somewhat.

That sounds really fascinating. How do you behave when that happens?

I wonder what is more sad and pathetic: to live a life bonding with others through fabrication out of insecurity in an attempt to satisfy a need for control or to see through it and lie to oneself out of idealistic naivity and wishful thinking.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Did anyone know that Long Island iced tea doesn't really have any tea in it?
    Yup. But what it lacks in iced tea it makes up for in more alcohol

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Yup. But what it lacks in iced tea it makes up for in more alcohol
    Unless you get the Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea, which only has 17 percent by volume...which is kinda surprising, considering the brand.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Unless you get the Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea, which only has 17 percent by volume...which is kinda surprising, considering the brand.
    Man. Really? What bullshit

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Man. Really? What bullshit
    Still tastes good, though...and it gets the job done reasonably well.

MBTI
    eSTP

I was given a choice between a white piece of gum and a pink piece the other day. As I grabbed the pink piece I responded..."Real men eat pink"
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.