User Tag List

Page 2976 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 197624762876292629662974297529762977297829863026307634763976 ... LastLast
Results 29,751 to 29,760 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

MH and I are playing a bullshit bingo based drinking game. So far "too close to call"* is the phrase behind most of the wine that has been consumed tonight.

EDIT: And I mean German journalists using the expression in English in a German sentence!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

WALMART

halo 4: best graffix evar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    MH and I are playing a bullshit bingo based drinking game. So far "too close to call"* is the phrase behind most of the wine that has been consumed tonight.

EDIT: And I mean German journalists using the expression in English in a German sentence!
    US election related or something else?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    US election related or something else?
    German television is covering the US elections all night long. The channel I am watching had Obama's sister as a guest. She speaks fluent German and even studied at my university.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Sniffles

The Italians sure know how to motivate people to vote!

"Vote, or This Will Be Your Master!"

boom shakalakalaka.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

garbage

Huh. I'm going to be doing a lot of vocal chord work today, between a speech, interviews with some reporters, and hopefully some voice recording shoved in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    [ditz]
    This is so, so great.

raised from perdition Array EJCC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

How bizarre. That isn't even an interesting phrase in English. (At least when we use German words in English, it's to express meanings that can't be expressed in one English word -- e.g. angst, weltschmerz, schadenfreude.) Why do they do that? Is it because so many Germans would understand the phrase in English, that they don't bother translating?
    German television is covering the US elections all night long. The channel I am watching had Obama's sister as a guest. She speaks fluent German and even studied at my university.
    I just looked her up, because my first thought was "Wait, Maya Soetoro-Ng speaks German??", and then I realized that Obama has a half-sister on his dad's side. I thought his only half-siblings were Soetoro-Ng and the Kenyan guy who currently lives in a slum.

Did Auma Obama know him all that well? Could you tell from the interview? I had been under the impression that he'd been estranged from his father's side of the family until relatively recently.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would have so been in on that drinking game, my basic german and passable english would have equaled fun times!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs