User Tag List

Page 2951 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 195124512851290129412949295029512952295329613001305134513951 ... LastLast
Results 29,501 to 29,510 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #29501
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Day 3/7 of carb depletion diet. I'd kill for a cup of chocolate milk.
    Diets are a lot of balls, eat, drink, be merry and exercise cause your life depends on it.

  2. #29502
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,954

    Default

    Message to the now-former friend who gave me the NFJ Doorslam today:

    Just because I use psychological techniques to help me handle myself/other people in emotionally tense situations, doesn't mean I'm "not a socially functioning human being". Just because I used these techniques to talk to you, once, doesn't mean I'm a robot and a terrible friend. If you can't understand that, then your magical personal intuition has failed you, and you apparently don't know me at all.

    You say "We're done, get out of my life"? Sure thing. Fuck you.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #29503
    lurking Array Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Diets are a lot of balls, eat, drink, be merry and exercise cause your life depends on it.
    I see it as an investment. The logic is interesting: 4 more days and I'll have my glycogen levels regulated and everything will get easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Message to the now-former friend who gave me the NFJ Doorslam today:

    Just because I use psychological techniques to help me handle myself/other people in emotionally tense situations, doesn't mean I'm "not a socially functioning human being". Just because I used these techniques to talk to you, once, doesn't mean I'm a robot and a terrible friend. If you can't understand that, then your magical personal intuition has failed you, and you apparently don't know me at all.

    You say "We're done, get out of my life"? Sure thing. Fuck you.
    Well done.
    By psychological techniques do you mean typology related stuff or something else?

  4. #29504
    Finis Array Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Ever been in one of those moods where you feel okay, good, and bad all at the same time?

    And then wanted to search out something to tip the balance and end the ambiguity?

    Huh? Anyone?

  5. #29505
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,654

    Default

    Steven Colbert Counter Offers Donald Trump $1 Million To Put His Balls In His Mouth.
    That was funny as hell.
    And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country . . . wait, this is 2016.

  6. #29506
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Ever been in one of those moods where you feel okay, good, and bad all at the same time?

    And then wanted to search out something to tip the balance and end the ambiguity?

    Huh? Anyone?
    Yes. Every day brings quite a mix, I find.

  7. #29507
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Well done.
    Not sure if sarcasm, or sincere.
    By psychological techniques do you mean typology related stuff or something else?
    I mean, affirming people's emotions when they're opening up to you. Active listening. e.g. "This sounds like it must be a really sensitive and personal issue for you."

    She and I were talking about an email exchange we'd had earlier, she said that she had been annoyed by my "redundant" statements in an email, and I explained what I had been trying to do. I definitely used the word "psychological", which I knew immediately was a mistake, based on her reaction. (I learned from a mutual friend afterwards that she attaches an extremely negative stigma to that word, because of past experiences/traumas that I didn't know about.)
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #29508
    lurking Array Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Ever been in one of those moods where you feel okay, good, and bad all at the same time?

    And then wanted to search out something to tip the balance and end the ambiguity?

    Huh? Anyone?
    Yes. You need to find a new obsession.

  9. #29509
    lurking Array Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not sure if sarcasm, or sincere.
    Sincere. I admire assertiveness.
    ...I don't admire cussing, but I'm quite sure that this person deserved it.

    I mean, affirming people's emotions when they're opening up to you. Active listening. e.g. "This sounds like it must be a really sensitive and personal issue for you."
    I see. Maybe she thought that was manipulative.

    She and I were talking about an email exchange we'd had earlier, she said that she had been annoyed by my "redundant" statements in an email, and I explained what I had been trying to do. I definitely used the word "psychological", which I knew immediately was a mistake, based on her reaction. (I learned from a mutual friend afterwards that she attaches an extremely negative stigma to that word, because of past experiences/traumas that I didn't know about.)
    Sounds like a bad influence.

  10. #29510
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Sincere. I admire assertiveness.
    ...I don't admire cussing, but I'm quite sure that this person deserved it.
    I almost wish I'd said it to her in person -- b/c I didn't, which I must not have made very clear to the forum -- but I would have regretted it if I did. What I ended up saying after she finished ranting at me over the phone was "I'd apologize, but I doubt that would make a difference, so I guess we're done," and hung up without waiting for her to say anything.

    It was only after sitting for a few hours going "What is this strong but ambiguous negative emotion balling itself up in my chest?", did I realize how angry I was at her. Which is why I posted here.
    I see. Maybe she thought that was manipulative.
    I guess? Odd, since I thought NFJs really appreciated active listening. Maybe not this one.
    Sounds like a bad influence.
    I think so. In the words of the great scholar: Good widdance to bad wubbish!
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO