User Tag List

Page 2950 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 195024502850290029402948294929502951295229603000305034503950 ... LastLast
Results 29,491 to 29,500 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

the Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tool quantifies stressors by breaking a risk point down across 3 categories:
    Severity: the hell to pay factor
    Occurrences: likelihood of happening
    Detection: if shit hits the fan how early/easily will I know

not sure who outside the 6 Sigma community has the time to actually use this (like Stephen Colbert and Dubya, i listen to my gut on such matters) but it apparently helps execs with time to burn dial in on risk management/assessment.

i just want to know what it looks like nekkid.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Maybe I'm just not up-to-date on the latest tech, but how are you supposed to check websites or TV for news about the storm when your power is out? Yes, I could use my cell phone, but then how do I recharge it if the outage is more than a couple of days? I'm not sure if I have a power adapter for the car. A battery-operated, digital, handheld TV is too expensive for the few times it would be used. What other options are there?

ETA: Radio is useless anymore. They tend to go back to normal programming and don't have local info that would be useful after storm has passed.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    intp

WTF is the grotesque practice of mounting the head and sometimes torso of wild animals so prevalent? It is beyond bizarre, and especially contrived where the residence is not a hunter's. Nobody's fooled. The prettified roadkill of splayed-animal rug is another such contrivance. Opulence-signal fail.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Why do I waste my time talking to people online that I would never give the time of day to IRL? People are entitled to be stupid and to hold idiotic opinions after all. And nothing I can say is going to change how stupid they are. So why degrade myself by reading / responding to their stupid shit? Makes no sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Thrill of the hunt, maybe?
    ^That. Or maybe that confronting them is cathartic and meets a need that you don't meet irl.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I feel pretty much disgusting for having voted today, but I feel that I really made a difference{in local/state elections}. I have no faith in the Electoral College or two of the three candidates that were on my ballot. God bless the Electors and may their glorious wisdom-power see the country through to it's collapse.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Sniffles

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    WTF is the grotesque practice of mounting the head and sometimes torso of wild animals so prevalent? It is beyond bizarre, and especially contrived where the residence is not a hunter's. Nobody's fooled. The prettified roadkill of splayed-animal rug is another such contrivance. Opulence-signal fail.

"Ahhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhahhuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Of course not. This is a lovely room of death."

If the animal was consumed, I suppose such displays keep in line with the old Native American theme of utilizing the animal to its full potential.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Day 3/7 of carb depletion diet. I'd kill for a cup of chocolate milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

Awesome, also in Lark heaven I get to kick hayeks ass all day. I just decided.