User Tag List

Page 2926 of 6785 FirstFirst ... 192624262826287629162924292529262927292829362976302634263926 ... LastLast
Results 29,251 to 29,260 of 67846

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dear God, why did I volunteer for an extra advising shift today? :P
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array

I'm running out of things to do at work. This has been a gradual slow-down over the last few weeks and I have feared this was on purpose, as though they were preparing to terminate my employment. Alas, it turns out they've been talking to an architectural firm, one of our clients, about 'transferring' me there for 1-2 months to help with a hospital project they've been working on. I may start there as soon as Monday.

EDIT: 'Alas' isn't the right word, in retrospect. I don't feel bad about it at all. In fact it's kind of nice on my boss's part to keep me busy with something even if it means being loaned to another company for a few weeks, maybe even into the new year. The more I think about it the more I'm becoming excited about the prospect. I don't really know what the work might entail but it'll beat being bored, sitting around my current office. I'll have to talk to the higher-ups about some extra compensation though; my commute will probably be a little shorter but it'll be downtown. I already pay for a parking spot at the current office; parking downtown is 3-4 times as expensive (ballpark $300-$400). The difference ought to be covered. And OT will have to be worked out too, i.e. I work a 38 hour work week and if they expect me to work 40 I expect 38 hrs plus 2 hrs @ time-and-a-half on my paycheque.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    No, it's about the dude being clueless that she's flirting with him.
    WAIT WTF?!

I've been missing so, so, so much game. You mean women are not all interested in eye glasses?

Damn....

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    She doesnt look plain to me
    I think she does, are you kidding?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think she does, are you kidding?
    I'm pretty sure the script writers intended her to be hot. That's the only way the scene works. Going by the average taste of the men I know, she will be considered hot by most, but tastes do vary.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I'm pretty sure the script writers intended her to be hot. That's the only way the scene works. Going by the average taste of the men I know, she will be considered hot by most, but tastes do vary.
    I think she's plain pretty but there's nothing wrong with that I guess.

Let me count the ways Array Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I <3 Moss.

I want my ringtone to be him singing the emergency number... "0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3"
    Haha, oh shit, one of my favourite clips is the fire cip. "I'll just put this fire over here with the ...err...other fire"
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So this is happening outside my office window:

It's quite entertaining.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

MBTI status update:
    From Similar Minds.com

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 71.88% Extroverted (E) 28.13%
    Intuitive (N) 83.87% Sensing (S) 16.13%
    Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45%
    Judging (J) 86.67% Perceiving (P) 13.33%

Enneatype:
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 80%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||| 40%
    Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
    Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
    Type 6 Cautiousness |||||||||||||||||| 73%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 26%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 56%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

4-5-1, sp/so/sx

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (85%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (95%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (60%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (100%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (0%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (65%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (90%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (75%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - infj
    Congratulations, I'm on a dom-tert loop! And my Se is pitiful.... surprised I haven't bumped into walls yet. Took the JCF test earlier and my Ti was outpacing Ni. No wonder I feel like I'm spacey... inner loop fest, lucky enough if I can pull myself out of my own head! LOL

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Array

People are dumb.

On an unrelated note I'm reviewing the existing design of a 45-year-old building that a government board bought from a charity. They're looking to re-purpose the building and upgrade it. Another engineering firm did a detailed facility condition assessment five years ago and came up with a "Facility Condition Index" number of 99.8%. What is 'FCI'? It's a ratio of the cost of maintenance to the cost of replacing the building with a new one. An FCI of 99.8% means the maintenance (and this is only over the course of five years, mind you) would cost 99.8% of what building an entirely new building would cost. Or in other words building a new building would only cost about 0.2% more than maintaining the existing one.

A FCI figure less than 5% is considered 'good'. 5-10% is considered 'fair'. Over 10% is considered 'poor'. And this building is 99.8%.

EDIT: Oh and you know the place is classy when the guy reviewing the building systems makes note of drug users and prostitutes in his report.