User Tag List

Page 2881 of 6778 FirstFirst ... 188123812781283128712879288028812882288328912931298133813881 ... LastLast
Results 28,801 to 28,810 of 67778

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Pop the hood and look for a small reservoir of fluid on the driver's side of the car, near the firewall (back of the engine compartment). It should have a plastic cap on it, which may even say "brake fluid" or "brake/clutch fluid".

There is almost certainly a diagram in your owner's manual.
    I have a better system. I just go and spend a weekend at my parents house every once and awhile. When I leave, my car magically has fresh oil, more windshield wiper fluid, more brake fluid, a full tank of gas, and is clean. And God knows what else gets done.

I love my daddy and I never wanna be a grown up.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

In another life I'd have been a mechanic and I wish, I really wish, that I wasnt so sick right now.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I have a better system. I just go and spend a weekend at my parents house every once and awhile. When I leave, my car magically has fresh oil, more windshield wiper fluid, more brake fluid, a full tank of gas, and is clean. And God knows what else gets done.

I love my daddy and I never wanna be a grown up.
    Ah, I see.

Well, I don't have anyone to rely on for anything, so I've learned do everything myself.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Ah, I see.

Well, I don't have anyone to rely on for anything, so I've learned do everything myself.
    Well, since I'm about to move like 10 hours away from them, I'm about to be on my own on car maintainence. But I figure that's why mechanics exist. "Hi. My car needs stuff. Can you check what stuff my car needs."

I'm probably going to get screwed out of some cash.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array

Oh, almost certainly.

Senior Member Array ms.behaving's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFJ

- MB

MBTI
    XXFP

Burnt a valve in my Honda (or something like that, zero compression). It's running on 3 cylinders. Drove that mofo about 25 hours so far on 3 cyls. Runs pretty well on the highway, doesn't really even effect gas mileage (disconnected that injector so it doesn't flood the oil pan with gas). Runs like garbage otherwise. Use to run pretty nice.

Got a cheap rebuilt cylinder head from ebay (isn't that a pleasant sentence). It's a decent car but it's old and everybody likes to back into it so it's pretty ugly and doesn't have much resale value. But now is an inconvenient time to buy a new car, and I rather have 4 cylinders again so I can save what value is left in it and drive it around another 15k.

Well I'll get to learn to replace a head gasket soon. And an excuse to buy a nice-ish torque wrench.

Yep.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Senior Member Array

Torque wrenches are wonderful things, Bamboo. I bought a pair of them (smaller one for in-lb, bigger one for ft-lb) a few years ago and, while I don't use them all the time, they've come in very handy many times. It's so very reassuring to know you torque a nut or bolt down properly and KNOW it's not going to work itself loose or be a bear to get off again.

If only the monkeys at tire shops learned how to use them...

Anyone ever read something from years back you've wrote and think that you were an entirely different person? I get that a lot, I dont often remember the real positive stuff, just regrets, so I'm glad when I find something and think wow, this is what I've not remembered which was actually awesome.

Senor Membrae Array Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

PureData is <3