User Tag List

Page 2837 of 6770 FirstFirst ... 183723372737278728272835283628372838283928472887293733373837 ... LastLast
Results 28,361 to 28,370 of 67691

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array

I finally finished reading "The Razor's Edge" by Maugham. I powered through the last half of it last night and this morning. I would prefer to take my time; I'm worried I'll miss something if I read too much at a time and don't let is settle in my mind for a while. Sometimes my desire to see it to the end is more overwhelming.

I like the idea of e-books (I read an electronic version of "The Razor's Edge") but it's not very comfortable reading on my laptop. Part of me is tempted to buy an e-reader, another thinks I should just go to the library more often. It's a little more convenient, now; they're only open on Sundays from early September to mid-May.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    penis worms
    what the fuck!?

I gotta say though.. .... interesting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Pie

F CK all I need is U Array ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

What's is Scientology?

I've heard of it... But, what do they believe in again?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    What's is Scientology?

I can't attest to the veracity of this webpage, but it gives a quick point-by-point breakdown for the basic tenets of their beliefs: http://www.world-religions-professor...ogybelief.html
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    What's is Scientology?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Scientology teaches that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature.[7] Its method of spiritual rehabilitation is a type of counselling known as auditing, in which practitioners aim to consciously re-experience painful or traumatic events in their past in order to free themselves of their limiting effects.[8] Study materials and auditing courses are made available to members in return for specified donations.[9] Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States, Italy,[10][11] South Africa,[12] Australia,[13] Sweden,[14] New Zealand,[15][16] Portugal[17] and Spain;[18][19][20][21][22] and the Church of Scientology emphasizes this as proof that it is a bona fide religion.[23] In other countries, notably Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom, Scientology does not have comparable religious status.

The Church of Scientology is one of the most controversial new religious movements to have arisen in the 20th century. It has often been described as a cult that financially defrauds and abuses its members, charging exorbitant fees for its spiritual services.[9][27][28] In response, Scientologists have argued that theirs is a genuine religious movement that has been misrepresented, maligned and persecuted.[29] The Church of Scientology has consistently used litigation against its critics, and its aggressiveness in pursuing its foes has been condemned as harassment.[30][31] Further controversy has focused on Scientology's belief that souls ("thetans") reincarnate and have lived on other planets before living on Earth,[32] and that some of the related teachings are not revealed to practitioners until they have paid thousands of dollars to the Church of Scientology.[33][34] Another controversial belief held by Scientologists is that the practice of psychiatry is destructive and abusive and must be abolished.[35][36]
    My view is that this is an organization that targets the gullible (preferably with money and/or influence) to milk them for money. They alienate their members from their non-Scientology family and friends. They brainwash their members for money. They are completely closed off controle freaks about pulic relations. They threaten and intimidate anybody who wants to leave the sect.

Not a fan.

They have stands on market places and such and offer a "free stress test". You do the free test and it will tell you that you are very stressed. Then they offer you a course. And another and another. Those cost money. They will draw you in and might make you leave you family and give up your job to work for them to pay for your courses.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

F CK all I need is U Array ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

What's* Scientology? Grrr @ me TYPOlogycentral

They say INTPs shouldn't become typists as a living and, yeah.

Hmmmm^ a link, I'm a little weary of those/random thought, but, okay. (Clicks on link, sometime). @iwakar

EDIT: Thank you Red Herring; I posted this post and saw your post and put this in my post.
    (Reads post.) @Red Herring

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

SwivelingLight got permabanned?

Are you serious?

Has he ever even been tempbanned before?

@Patches @highlander @Red Herring @uumlau @Vasilisa @CuriousFeeling
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Here comes the whining. Lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The last visitor message on his wall was amusing. Good job, @wheelchairdoug.