User Tag List

Page 2805 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 180523052705275527952803280428052806280728152855290533053805 ... LastLast
Results 28,041 to 28,050 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I would like to announce that I am on Vent as of this moment and prepared to say some very nasty things about you for a modest price.

Thank you.
    I'm senza_tema, and I endorse this message.

garbage

I bought this place six years ago and am packing up and ready to move now.

I just now found a digital camera that the previous owner left behind.

I should just leave it as a buried treasure for the next owner

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    They won't ban you for that, Fireshield, if they do, I'll advocate on your behalf. Other members bitch and whine about the people in their lives all the time on here, there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to do the same.
    I have two infractions because of this topic (the first when the "About the "Shyness" Tread" thread was deleted, the second when they deleted that last post I made in here). They said that if I make another post talking about that specific individual, they will give me another infraction. They have yet to explain to me why simply talking about that person is bad.

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    They won't ban you for that, Fireshield, if they do, I'll advocate on your behalf. Other members bitch and whine about the people in their lives all the time on here, there's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to do the same.
    Harassment is a special case, and in this case hugely excessive information was posted about a minor, enough for forum members to actually find her facebook etc, which is not acceptable. When that quantity of information about a single person is posted here, particularly when it's clearly not by her consent, it breaks her privacy. If she or even someone she knows stumbles across that thread, the volume of information means she would easily be recognizable. We will not tolerate this obsessive behaviour on the forum.

You are correct that we would not ban members for "bitching about the people in their lives" or anything so mundane. However, this is a unique case, and we can and will act to prevent further obsessive actions on this forum. He has shown that he is unable to set his own boundaries with regards to this situation, and so we have set boundaries for him which will be enforced if needed. The fact that he has already chosen to break those boundaries more than once does not say positive things about his ability to set his own boundaries.

He is welcome to discuss the topic via PM or on an off-site blog with anyone who is interested, but we will not allow it on the forum.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    He has shown that he is unable to set his own boundaries with regards to this situation, and so we have set boundaries for him which will be enforced if needed.
    You sound like my mother used to.

Interesting seeing all the thread revivals. possibly an organic response to the lack of new interesting content - albeit not very apparent from the revived topics - Intriguing to watch systems spontaneously trying to adapt & evolve.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Interesting seeing all the thread revivals. possibly an organic response to the lack of new interesting content - albeit not very apparent from the revived topics - Intriguing to watch systems spontaneously trying to adapt & evolve.
    Really it's probably just mold growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Harassment is a special case, and in this case hugely excessive information was posted about a minor, enough for forum members to actually find her facebook etc, which is not acceptable. When that quantity of information about a single person is posted here, particularly when it's clearly not by her consent, it breaks her privacy. If she or even someone she knows stumbles across that thread, the volume of information means she would easily be recognizable. We will not tolerate this obsessive behaviour on the forum.

You are correct that we would not ban members for "bitching about the people in their lives" or anything so mundane. However, this is a unique case, and we can and will act to prevent further obsessive actions on this forum. He has shown that he is unable to set his own boundaries with regards to this situation, and so we have set boundaries for him which will be enforced if needed. The fact that he has already chosen to break those boundaries more than once does not say positive things about his ability to set his own boundaries.

He is welcome to discuss the topic via PM or on an off-site blog with anyone who is interested, but we will not allow it on the forum.
    Dunno. Seems to me like he's learned his lesson and won't repeat mistakes he made in the past. It's certainly not in his interest that the rest of the forum be able to track him or his classmates down and he has shown that he knows this. No need for that epic trainwreck to be resurrected but I doubt that any new posts or threads he wrote would carry the same incriminating information.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Really it's probably just mold growth.
    It's all part of the ecosystem, I 'spose.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

figsfiggyfigs

Marriage is a prison sentence. I don't understand why anyone would seek it out.