User Tag List

Page 2791 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 179122912691274127812789279027912792279328012841289132913791 ... LastLast
Results 27,901 to 27,910 of 67818

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    So I keep a glass jar that I collect any insects in, and I end up releasing them outdoors when I get the chance. I know it isn't very rational or logical . . . but I seem unable to stop myself. You know what I think it is? In the scheme of things we're all quite obscure, yet despite a universe that had no great design for our existence, here we are . . . just are. If you pull back enough there is no reason for either bug or man to exist -- if I died tomorrow, if you died tomorrow, if this bug in the jar died right now . . . as far as the universe is concerned, it just is so infinitesimal as to make no difference, cause no great waves. So I feel a sorta kinship to the bug, it's strange I guess. We're connected by our insignificance and our compulsion to exist. I don't think the bug has intelligence past the most basic instinctual stuff. I don't view it as human-like. I just have this feeling of not wanting to kill it. Is that projecting? Does that come from some place of weakness? I don't know. Maybe part of it too is that I don't seem to have as strong a negative emotional reaction to bugs or things other people consider disgusting. Very little turns my stomach or makes me squeamish. I've often thought this is due to being not that smart.
    Why isnt this rational or logical?
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    eSTP

Tired of fake people
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    eSTP

So I keep a glass jar that I collect any insects in, and I end up releasing them outdoors when I get the chance. I know it isn't very rational or logical . . . but I seem unable to stop myself. You know what I think it is? In the scheme of things we're all quite obscure, yet despite a universe that had no great design for our existence, here we are . . . just are. If you pull back enough there is no reason for either bug or man to exist -- if I died tomorrow, if you died tomorrow, if this bug in the jar died right now . . . as far as the universe is concerned, it just is so infinitesimal as to make no difference, cause no great waves. So I feel a sorta kinship to the bug, it's strange I guess. We're connected by our insignificance and our compulsion to exist. I don't think the bug has intelligence past the most basic instinctual stuff. I don't view it as human-like. I just have this feeling of not wanting to kill it. Is that projecting? Does that come from some place of weakness? I don't know. Maybe part of it too is that I don't seem to have as strong a negative emotional reaction to bugs or things other people consider disgusting. Very little turns my stomach or makes me squeamish. I've often thought this is due to being not that smart.
    and also...I have heard a lot of rationalization and so called logic that caused people to do stupid...not smart things.

For example. take the thought...I kill bugs because they dont really matter. They affect the world no matter how infitismal...sounds more like an efficiency thing and then even at that point isnt it more efficient to just leave them alone. Dont use other peoples lack of logic/rationalizing to judge whether you are smart or not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

When I came home from work one night, a spider had built its web across my doorway because the porch light attracted bugs. I had to destroy the web so I could get into my house. I thought about all the work and energy that that spider had put in to its web just so it could eat and survive, and here I was destroying that in an instant. I started thinking about how it would be if someone or something came along and destroyed my house, or my ability to feed myself, or even me, just because they could, or because they thought I was a nuisance, or because they thought I was icky and they were scared of me. The spider didn't build its web to spite me, it was just doing what it does in order to survive. So, from then on, I decided to be a bit more mindful when it came to bugs. If they come in my house, I catch the ones I can and put them back outside. Even the ones I don't care for so much. The exceptions to this are mosquitoes, ants, and wasp nests that are in my doorway. Life is hard enough for all living creatures, why add to that if you don't have to?

BTW, you're not fugly (referring to a previous post you wrote) and I haven't seen anything that indicates to me that you're not that smart. So, stop it!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Random exchange overheard in the supermarket:

Shelf stacker 1: is pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?

Shelf stacker 2: Kung-pow chicken? A fruit.

Lol. Small things amuse me.

But damn. Is it that time already?
    Pumpkins spell the end of summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    eSTP

Pappadeaux i. Blackned mahi mahi with yvette sauce over a bed of dirty rice

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I totally was excited to write something random here, then when I saw the text entry box I froze up and stared.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

figsfiggyfigs

I had to stop myself from rep'ing someone because I worry they might be starting to think I'm stalking them.

Or post it in public. What a crock of crap that was.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

92% humidity, what the crap!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/