User Tag List

Page 2751 of 6770 FirstFirst ... 175122512651270127412749275027512752275327612801285132513751 ... LastLast
Results 27,501 to 27,510 of 67691

Thread: Random Thought Thread

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Fuck YOU.
    Holy crap, that's the best smiley. I'm gonna have to start using it

Senior Member Array

It is pretty great. It conveys a sense of bewilderment and contempt all in one.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    How do you feel about people exaggerating their situation, putting it in the worst possible light to gain...to gain...I'm not sure what. More sympathy? Why do people do this?

This ought to be a thread. Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Sometimes people do this when they're in the middle of still emotionally reacting to their situation.. while it may not be the same for everyone, some people can & do react initially like...

..and seek comfort/reassurance from those around them. It can be obnoxious but sincere tunnel vision, in a way.
    Other times, yeah, it's a bid for attention because they don't feel like they're being comforted enough, or they had people in their lives in formative years who tended to only respond with any support at all if something was ONLY very seriously/dramatically amiss [or at worst, never responded at all], & that compensation needed in early years has evolved into a constant overcompensatory behavior now..

That's generally what I encounter, /shrug. I don't go over the top in terms of responding, either way. If it's someone I care about, I can reaffirm that I'm there for them, but really, if they're that emotionally screwed up over it in the moment, they may not be receptive to anything I say, and I just need to actively listen/ wait for them to calm down - sometimes the act of voicing that whole, ALL IS LOST, thing, can help people calm down; just how some people operate. If it's someone I care about who seems to be doing it for extra attention, I always just reaffirm I care, but again, don't feed it too much because nothing will get solved, and I'll be turned into an emotional trashcan for mental baggage they're choosing not to deal with, in the process.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Anew Leaf

How do you feel about people exaggerating their situation, putting it in the worst possible light to gain...to gain...I'm not sure what. More sympathy? Why do people do this?

This ought to be a thread. Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    In all honesty, what you have written here describes the entire breadth and scope of the human race.

People want attention, sympathy, help, money, power, etc... and this is one path that can lead to these treasures.

P.S. Welcome to my cynical analysis of humanity. Volume 1, chapter 3: And so it begins....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    In all honesty, what you have written here describes the entire breadth and scope of the human race.

People want attention, sympathy, help, money, power, etc... and this is one path that can lead to these treasures.

P.S. Welcome to my cynical analysis of humanity. Volume 1, chapter 3: And so it begins....
    *raises hand* I was out of money and couldn't buy the book...

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. I'm kinda pissed of at a situation so...

Anew Leaf

*raises hand* I was out of money and couldn't buy the book...
    Oh, well, all INFPs get a free copy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Haha, opening a video thread with 100 posts/page is fun. It's a rare experience when I actually get to hear my computer's fan come on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Oh, well, all INFPs get a free copy.

Anew Leaf

Awww... such a cute lil' irked face!! Let's turn that frown upside down with............. PUDDING!!

I made enough for twooooooooooooooooooooooo!

garbage

Awww... such a cute lil' irked face!! Let's turn that frown upside down with............. PUDDING!!

The upside down frown isn't much better