User Tag List

Page 2719 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 171922192619266927092717271827192720272127292769281932193719 ... LastLast
Results 27,181 to 27,190 of 67642

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

ciffiee fciiffee coffee cfffoeee cofffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my brain's vibrating do you need a vibrating massage? you can use my brain.
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

Whoa. Déjà vu. Weird.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Life is like a treadmill. Take ten steps, and you're back where you started. Eventually you start feeling dizzy, and you fall face-first into the handlebars. They rush you to the hospital, and there you're pronounced dead. They perform an autopsy, and discover that there's not a drop of blood in you, not a drop of blood. "He's been dead for some time, he has," the doctor of the dead announces. "Several years, anyway."
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

OMG, they are turning Noah Gordon's The Physician into a movie! I loved that book as a teenager. It is a great medieval adventure novel about an encounter between the three monotheistic religions, about the history of medicine and how the three deal with science

And Ben Kingsley is playing the part of Ibn Sina (a.k.a. Avicenna). Somehow this British-Indian actor keeps playing Persians roles

Oh, I'm so going to watch this when it comes out!!!

The Physician is a novel by Noah Gordon. It is about the life of a Christian English boy in the 11th century who journeys across Europe in order to study medicine from the Muslims.

The book has not sold well in America, but in Europe has been many times a bestseller, particularly in Spain and Germany, selling millions of copies in translation.

While Gordon's novel was not a huge hit in the U.S., it topped best-seller lists across continental Europe and a motion picture is currently in development hell[1] in Europe for UFA Cinema und Universal Pictures. A two-part mini-series for the German public broadcaster ARD will also be produced. The German film director Philipp Stoelzl (historic romance Young Goethe in Love) was positioned to direct the historic epic, which has secured €3.3 million ($4.6 million) in regional and federal German funding[2]. The production was scheduled for summer 2012 on location in Quedlinburg, Morocco mole and Romania[3].
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Physician
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Being loved and [insert name here] : Divide and Decay
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Uh-oh. My headphones finally broke, and I don't have the money to replace them... This is bad... Like, worse than if I was without the internet, to put it in perspective for some of you... (I'm only partially kidding...)

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The Countdown™ is a necessary system in place to announce my departure on Ventrilo.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

In fact, I am going to create a logo for The Countdown™, it will look something like this:

THECOUNTDOWN™

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    OMG, they are turning Noah Gordon's The Physician into a movie! I loved that book as a teenager. It is a great medieval adventure novel about an encounter between the three monotheistic religions, about the history of medicine and how the three deal with science

And Ben Kingsley is playing the part of Ibn Sina (a.k.a. Avicenna). Somehow this British-Indian actor keeps playing Persians roles

Oh, I'm so going to watch this when it comes out!!!
    The book struck me as shallow when I read it a few years ago. I guess that means the film could turn out to be an adequate adaptation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The book struck me as shallow when I read it a few years ago. I guess that means the film could turn out to be an adequate adaptation.
    Thanks a lot, spoilsports!

I never claimed that it was high literature, only that I loved it when I was 14, you monster!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari