User Tag List

Page 2701 of 6773 FirstFirst ... 170122012601265126912699270027012702270327112751280132013701 ... LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,010 of 67725

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Even though I don't like them that much (and wouldn't have any songs by them if my older brother hadn't given me a bunch of them), I am now glad that I put Blink-182 as one of the bands I like on Facebook.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    So, what if the defenses are TOO good and the current thinking is wrong/not socially acceptable/not even in the thinker's best interests? Forget about FS, I'm thinking about my INTJ brother who, in his 30s, stopped bathing (probably due to OCD that he won't seek any help for) and then stopped working and made all sorts of outrageous excuses in his defense (example of an excuse: he wasn't allowed to change the oil in his car, so he couldn't go look for a job. When cousin bought oil, then bro didn't have right tools. When cousin bought right tools, bro hid them and pretended they hadn't existed.) How do you prove anything in real life to a whatevertype who is determined to defend their current thinking no matter what?
    Proving something in real life, since these are Te people we're talking about, is less about logical demonstration and more about presenting opportunities for them to take in information they're interested in. Simple example:

INTJ: Girls are not relevant to my interests.
    ESFP: Oh yeah? *blowjob*

Now, something is proven in real life there, but exactly what depends on the INTJ's cooperation (in various senses of the word). Which is to say, it's not about the actual happening, it's about the idiosyncratic understanding that obtains later.

One charitable interpretation of your brother's action is he is engaged in a severe re-orientation of his own thinking. He's re-positioning himself in the world. Why? It can be illness. It can be perception. Charitably, it is perception. But not broken perception. More like, there is some fundamental change needed, and he doesn't know what it is, but there's need enough for it, whatever it is, that he'll act out.

*IF* it is that and not illness, then the way out is information about options. But options to do what? He doesn't know. And whatever it is it'd represent a significant change from whatever he was up to his mind in before. But if he found it, it'd be a way out of whatever it is he unconsciously perceives is wrong with everything now but possibly doesn't know how to face.

ETA: Or perhaps this is what we ALL do? Some of us just hide it better than others?
    Some of us don't have wild-ass intorverted perception functions sitting on top of our heads.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm glad summer of 2012 is almost over. It's been a tad cooler so far compared to summer 2011 and unusually rainy for my location.

Ginkgo

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

and, when he shall die,
    take him and cut him out in little stars,
    and he will make the face of heaven so fine
    that all the world will fall in love with night
    and pay no worship to the garish sun.

Juliet
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    GONE

I finally was able to change my avatar. Thank freaking gawd. Stupid browser problems...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

When the forum slows down I can rely on fb for virulent never ending arguments with homophobic racist fundies and misguided queers. Fun.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

A coworker that I don't talk to much tried to catch my eye and tried to strike up a conversation saying, "How are you doing, Qlip?". This usually isn't odd except that it was at the urinals. No pun intended, but I think it's part of some kind of pissing contest he has going with me in his head. On a related note, our Best Buy has converted to flushless urinals.. as far as I can tell, the fluid just kind of sits there. That doesn't seem right.

Anew Leaf

Saturned Returns Victorious from Battle and Discovers She is an INFP: (For @JAVO)

So last night I came home with a 30oz bottle of Raid Bug Barrier, completely prepared to wage war upon these creatures. I used the entire bottle on my house. The giant spider I had finally vanquished the night before (the one who built his web in the opening of my garage) had either walked away more powerful than ever as a sith spider, or he had been eaten by his brethren. Either way, a new spider overlord was in my doorway along with three of his smaller minions. I conquered the garage door and took back my right to walk unattacked for America, for pudding, and I dare say for all music everywhere.

I then made my way to the spiders whos webs stretched all over the side of my house. When I came back........... TWO NEW SPIDERS were spinning webs in my doorway. I sprayed them as well and then went to town on spraying the entire door, doorway top, doorway bottom, until the bottle ran out. This morning the doorway was clear and free... except for one lone strand that had been built across the entire 20 foot space. I think that is them throwing the gauntlet down again. Above the door, I could spot 3 more of these dark avengers poised to do battle another day.

Here is a picture of the lone brown one. The rest were black with hooked legs that they waved at me, and clenched in their tiny claws I could see flags. And upon these flags was a sign so terrible I cried at the thought.

INFP Story:

I didn't notice that my association had chopped down a tree in my backyard until I tripped over the stump while barricading my house in toxins.

NPcomplete

@Saturned !

Maybe this is the spider version of "The Princess and The Frog" or "Beauty and the Beast"?