User Tag List

Page 2698 of 6770 FirstFirst ... 169821982598264826882696269726982699270027082748279831983698 ... LastLast
Results 26,971 to 26,980 of 67691

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #26971
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    What's that joke Hannibal Lecter makes in the Silence of the Lambs book? He rearranges the letters of someone's name in something and it spells the name of the chemical ingredient in human feces that make poo brown.
    Bilirubin. When asked about "Buffalo Bill"s identity Lecter gives the authorities the name William Rubin; "Billy Rubin".

    In the film adaptation this was changed to "Louis Friend", which Clarice Starling deduces is an anagram of "iron sulfide". They call it "fool's gold" but fool's gold is actually pyrite (iron disulphide).

  2. #26972
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    I was stuck behind a car in traffic. The driver was going very slowly (~50 in an 80 zone), most likely because of the cardboard box flimsily tied down to his roof rack. As I got closer to the box I could discern there was a picture of its contents on it. I got closer and closer until I could finally see the picture. I was amused to find the box contained one of these:






    "Yo dawg, I heard you like roof boxes, so we put a roof box in your roof box so you can..."

  3. #26973
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    I try to avoid posting more than mildly political/(anti-)religious stuff on Facebook out of respect for my family and friends with beliefs that differ from mine, but my ultra-right wing aunt, uncle and cousins have been really pissing me off lately with all of their ultra-conservative, anti-gay, anti-Obama shit. Usually I just hide the story and ignore it, but they are really getting to me today. I still refuse to directly comment on anything they post that I disagree with, but I figure I have the result to post/share things I believe in that they will not like. The thing I just posted is probably really going to piss them off, but I don't give a damn. All I've got to say is they better afford me the same courtesy that I afford them.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  4. #26974
    Superwoman Array Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I try to avoid posting more than mildly political/(anti-)religious stuff on Facebook out of respect for my family and friends with beliefs that differ from mine, but my ultra-right wing aunt, uncle and cousins have been really pissing me off lately with all of their ultra-conservative, anti-gay, anti-Obama shit. Usually I just hide the story and ignore it, but they are really getting to me today. I still refuse to directly comment on anything they post that I disagree with, but I figure I have the result to post/share things I believe in that they will not like. The thing I just posted is probably really going to piss them off, but I don't give a damn. All I've got to say is they better afford me the same courtesy that I afford them.
    That is exactly how I feel about the American family I lived with for nearly a year as a teenager. They are very nice, simple folks. They have been very kind and generous to me. I do not want to offend them and therefor refrain from posting opiions that I know they might see and feel offended by. But some of the stuff my former host mum posts on Facebook just makes my stomach turn.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  5. #26975
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That is exactly how I feel about the American family I lived with for nearly a year as a teenager. They are very nice, simple folks. They have been very kind and generous to me. I do not want to offend them and therefor refrain from posting opiions that I know they might see and feel offended by. But some of the stuff my former host mum posts on Facebook just makes my stomach turn.
    Yeah, mostly out of respect I do refrain, but it irks me when people don't afford me the same respect. I still usually take the higher ground, but now and then I get too frustrated and will let my (slightly more) unfettered opinions out there in a bit of defiance. (Yes I realize this might be a tad bit passive aggressive.)
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  6. #26976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I try to avoid posting more than mildly political/(anti-)religious stuff on Facebook out of respect for my family and friends with beliefs that differ from mine, but my ultra-right wing aunt, uncle and cousins have been really pissing me off lately with all of their ultra-conservative, anti-gay, anti-Obama shit. Usually I just hide the story and ignore it, but they are really getting to me today. I still refuse to directly comment on anything they post that I disagree with, but I figure I have the result to post/share things I believe in that they will not like. The thing I just posted is probably really going to piss them off, but I don't give a damn. All I've got to say is they better afford me the same courtesy that I afford them.
    If they share and promote their stupid ideas instead of keeping them locked up inside their heads, they invite public criticism. Do it!

  7. #26977
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I try to avoid posting more than mildly political/(anti-)religious stuff on Facebook out of respect for my family and friends with beliefs that differ from mine, but my ultra-right wing aunt, uncle and cousins have been really pissing me off lately with all of their ultra-conservative, anti-gay, anti-Obama shit. Usually I just hide the story and ignore it, but they are really getting to me today. I still refuse to directly comment on anything they post that I disagree with, but I figure I have the result to post/share things I believe in that they will not like. The thing I just posted is probably really going to piss them off, but I don't give a damn. All I've got to say is they better afford me the same courtesy that I afford them.
    To be honest its pretty mild, actually it seemed really reasonable comment on partisan tax policies.

    I can sympathise, although not sharing your politics I've experienced the same thing and though "Really? For the Nth time with the gay stuff, you dont share humour or funny content or even updates as much as this", although in truth the ignore tab is what that's for.

  8. #26978
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If they share and promote their stupid ideas instead of keeping them locked up inside their heads, they invite public criticism. Do it!
    You feel that someone speaking up or speaking out makes them a legitimate target?

  9. #26979
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To be honest its pretty mild, actually it seemed really reasonable comment on partisan tax policies.
    I agree but you haven't seen the shite my family posts. Not my immediate family, but my mom's sister and her family. They are kind of nutty, truly.

    I can sympathise, although not sharing your politics I've experienced the same thing and though "Really? For the Nth time with the gay stuff, you dont share humour or funny content or even updates as much as this", although in truth the ignore tab is what that's for.
    You do share my politics in regard to fiscal issues. And I try not to post too much gay stuff, though because my BFF is a lesbian, a lot of times things that I just post as updates end up being pro-gay just by their nature.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  10. #26980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You feel that someone speaking up or speaking out makes them a legitimate target?
    Yes.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO