User Tag List

Page 2682 of 6764 FirstFirst ... 168221822582263226722680268126822683268426922732278231823682 ... LastLast
Results 26,811 to 26,820 of 67631

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    This reminds me of @RaptorWizard
    Nah RaptorWizard's an original. That's just New Age B.S. that RaptorWizard borrowed from. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Nah RaptorWizard's an original. That's just New Age B.S. that RaptorWizard borrowed from. Haha.
    I do think he has a more Tesla twist on things.

Some of the weird ass vids on youtube of "this defies science" are awesome, I love the more weirdy old testament ones, with the nephelem and stuff, its usually christian fundamentalists too, you do not very often see Jews out seeking to prove the literal interpretation of the more weird ass stuff.

Also have you ever noticed how this is handled in comics books canon? The black book in Batman is basically an attempt to explain all the classic era tales of high jinx, mysticism, magic and the like, if I'm not wrong prior to the present story line in which Dick Grayson is now the Batman there was a point at which Bruce Wayne questions whether any of it happened at all and if it wasnt a result of joker gas exposure or hallucinations of a body and mind under stress!!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I do think he has a more Tesla twist on things.

Some of the weird ass vids on youtube of "this defies science" are awesome, I love the more weirdy old testament ones, with the nephelem and stuff, its usually christian fundamentalists too, you do not very often see Jews out seeking to prove the literal interpretation of the more weird ass stuff.

Also have you ever noticed how this is handled in comics books canon? The black book in Batman is basically an attempt to explain all the classic era tales of high jinx, mysticism, magic and the like, if I'm not wrong prior to the present story line in which Dick Grayson is now the Batman there was a point at which Bruce Wayne questions whether any of it happened at all and if it wasnt a result of joker gas exposure or hallucinations of a body and mind under stress!!
    Yeah there's a video produced by fundamentalists talking about how the lack of new life forms in sealed peanut butter jars somehow proves that abiogenesis didn't happen. "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." was equally embarrassing; the writers failed to define what intelligent design actually was. "Pitting modern science against modern religion" leads one to question if fundamentalism is as faith based as its advocates typically claim. Literal interpretations seem to have an unspoken dependency on scientific findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yeah there's a video produced by fundamentalists talking about how the lack of new life forms in sealed peanut butter jars somehow proves that abiogenesis didn't happen. "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." was equally embarrassing; the writers failed to define what intelligent design actually was. "Pitting modern science against modern religion" leads one to question if fundamentalism is as faith based as its advocates typically claim. Literal interpretations seem to have an unspoken dependency on scientific findings.
    Intelligent design is something I could see biblical literalists eventually abandon because it could accord with some mathematical models which suggest that while the universe is ordered and orderly in its design it does not require any cosmic being to be so, I dont understand the arguments myself as the fine detail does not interest me.

There was a great movie with Jimmy Stewart in it about a southern US town trying to expell a teacher for teaching Darwin in class once. My dad loved it before I ever saw it, its good but its filmed in a way which suggests people in the US at the time it was filmed believed that the whole debate was over and done with. Its a shame its not.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Thank you, Borax.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Why is it that every time I have a good mood, my mood inevitably crashes afterwards...?

Patron Saint Of Smileys Array Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I forgot Typo-C lets folks change their user names.

Who are my Typo-C friends??? I don't f***ing know!!!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Boom shakalakalaka Boom.
    And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country . . . wait, this is 2016.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Ugh when I'm not interested I am so much more fun more of the time. When I care it becomes so god damn contrived unless I either force myself into a state of not thinking about it, or somehow find a clear moment of comfort.
    I will always have some slight envy with people whose psychology is less complex than my own. For me it's so complicated to be simple. Boggle.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Patron Saint Of Smileys Array Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I've left and come back to this site, like, three or a million times already and every fucking time I find "The Fluff Zone" to be the most rewarding and delicious of all forums.

So as far as I'm concerned, that just makes it fact now.

The Fluff Zone - Factually Delicious.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien