User Tag List

Page 2681 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 168121812581263126712679268026812682268326912731278131813681 ... LastLast
Results 26,801 to 26,810 of 67715

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    I always thought of it being like the old village elder lady telling you to raise your hands when you're choking on food or something. It's been around for a LONG time apparently,

" Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly"

that is a mention of it in the bible.
    It means don't get married.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    You have Lidt in Canada?
    Indeed. Most grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. carry the bars, and during the holidays Lindor are just about everywhere.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default browser hijacker redirect forbidden 404 nginx

I hate you, computer virus. DIE.

Why. won't. you. stay. DEAD.

It's like my pc is the star of a cheesy 80s action movie... I won't know it's over til the freezeframe shot.

[no i'm not on that computer right now.]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

It's like my pc is the star of a cheesy 80s action movie... I won't know it's over til the freezeframe shot.

possibly a rootkit. what have you done to get rid of it?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

Use an antimalware program to remove it (assuming you already have one) then DL and use this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/aswmbr/

figsfiggyfigs

This reminds me of @RaptorWizard

I feel so unwell and I'm worried this could be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    As a child, I used to think the phase was "old wise tales"... to me this meant that there were things people use to think were "wise" but were now known to be false. Then I learned that the phrase was "old wive's tales", I found this confusing (still do). Can anyone explain the origin of this phrase? (I guess I can use google) hmm...something about old married women sitting around telling stories. This is not a very satisfying answer (since this just reuses the words). I presumed everyone sat around telling stories.
    It means gossip.

The wives were supposedly the source of tales and kept supposed "truisms" alive by oral tradition and sayings long after they'd been proven phony or faulty or mistaken.

Its not the wives that are old, its the tale, the wives are the medium for the message.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4sR4S74xQ"]Y[/YOUTUBE]
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    This reminds me of @RaptorWizard
    And people think that Christianity is implausible!

The council of nicea was nothing like that, plus free masonry could be linked to a number of blood feuds between betrayed and annihilated crusaders (the templars included) who swore revenge or "death to kings and priests" but that's shady, seriously so, and those groups have all undergone their own reinventions with each generation, inaccuracy like that would cast doubts on anything else that's said there but its interesting that someone would want a single metanarrative governing all things and that metanarrative would be largely optimistic, ie mankind is good, mankind survives, primary bonds between planet and people are affirmative, there is an essential unity only threatened by shady "others" descended from nothing less than an "alien other".

Jung would've had fun with that, like he did with alchemy and theosophy.

Marxism and judeao-christianity are just more plausible to me as explanations for human history, although I do love the stories of inexplicable archeological discoveries and pre-historic uber civilisations, all that odd stuff is very diverting in the small hours of the morning.

Tesla did have theories about the global grid, electrical fields and lay lines which was interesting however and I have wondered about the monumental spires appearing in Ireland north and south or across Europe but it could as easily be US defence screen related as anything else, certainly not a spiritual or mind control experiment, isnt there something about hexagonals and basic strategy? Or the number of fronts to fight on with connections for supply etc.? I thought so anyway.