User Tag List

Page 2642 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 164221422542259226322640264126422643264426522692274231423642 ... LastLast
Results 26,411 to 26,420 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    what angle would you use for different kitchen knives? a chef tried showing me how, but he advised me 30°. i was later told this was more appropriate for an ax. :/
    Forget geometry for this.

Use just the right angle and pressure that you feel like you're cutting thin shavings off of the stone.

Every phone I use, whether my office phone or cell phone, echoes back my voice with a delay of approximately 850 milliseconds. The only logical conclusion is that there is a spatiotemporal distortion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Every phone I use, whether my office phone or cell phone, echoes back my voice with a delay of approximately 850 milliseconds. The only logical conclusion is that there is a spatiotemporal distortion.
    Or maybe someone is listening in on every conversation you have.

The Iron Giant

It's called sidetone, it means something's interfering with your phone's ability to cancel the echo. You may be able to fix it on your cell, but your office phone will be up to your IT department. Is this only happening when you're at work? If so there might be something in your office interfering with it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Lol, even though Stephen's probably right, I wonder if it's sort of like my issue with laptops.

Apparently some people have a strong magnetic field around their bodies (real science, not some sort of mystical aura thing) that can interfere with electronics. Well, when I was a teenager, every time I touched one of those cheap Macbooks it would spazz out and then die, and refuse to be turned on for a few hours. If I stood in front of the screen the mouse would jump all over the place clicking wildly, and the programs wouldn't open. My tech nerd friends proved this theory that it was my fault when they took a more powerful laptop that was downloading a game, and asked me to walk toward it. Every step toward it I took decreased the download speed by half, and when I stepped back it returned to normal.

Senior Member Array

Princess in Braveheart = INFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I washed the dishes, that situation was getting dire.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm about to go on vacation with my folks, so I'm at their house. I was doing laundry here, and my mom was nice enough to pull my stuff out of the dryer and fold it up for me.

But she was concerned and had a really serious conversation with me after. "[Patches]," she said, "I think the panties you wear are really inappropriate."

She was referring to the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle and Batman underwear I purchased from the boy's department.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

I'm not Trunks Array

Busy day.whoa..

I'm on holidays

I could really go for some seriously thick, dark coffee but I bet if I got to make it people will come into the kitchen and be assholes standing in my way and stuff.