User Tag List

Page 2533 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 153320332433248325232531253225332534253525432583263330333533 ... LastLast
Results 25,321 to 25,330 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #25321
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Values, metaphysics, and authenticity and permanence in depth of feeling proclaimed with consummate artistic mastery. *Fi-gasms*
    And he lived in Baltimore too! I'll have to go visit his place, it's probably about 20 minutes from where I am currently sitting.

    EDIT: I just mapped it, it's 7.3 miles away and 16-20 minutes depending on traffic... Looks like admission is $4. Hmmmm....!!!!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #25322
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And he lived in Baltimore too! I'll have to go visit his place, it's probably about 20 minutes from where I am currently sitting.
    I walked there from my hotel when I was in Baltimore.... it was a long walk and looked like a rough neighborhood but I didn't care - this was Poe's house and I didn't know if I were going to get back to Baltimore, hehe. It's very small, and they won't let you go up to the top room which was actually his, but they had quite a nice collection of personal artifacts when I was there.

    The guy who was watching the place was a bit on the eccentric side and wasn't a talker. Several people came through and asked him questions and he just looked at them more or less and they left. I watched people try to talk with him for a while while I looked at the collection. I tried a few questions of a different nature with him and he practically exploded with all sorts of incredibly interesting information. It's definitely worth going and seeing it.

  3. #25323
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    The guy who was watching the place was a bit on the eccentric side and wasn't a talker. Several people came through and asked him questions and he just looked at them more or less and they left. I watched people try to talk with him for a while while I looked at the collection. I tried a few questions of a different nature with him and he practically exploded with all sorts of incredibly interesting information. It's definitely worth going and seeing it.
    What type of questions did you ask ?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #25324
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What type of questions did you ask ?
    I asked about himself in relation to Poe, at least, that was the angle though not the actual questions.

  5. #25325
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I really wish raspberries weren't so hairy.

  6. #25326
    Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    Maybe I will rent a car when I go to Ireland... if I can get an automatic, I'm not worried about driving on the left side...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

  7. #25327
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I really wish raspberries weren't so hairy.
    Pomegranates are where it's at!

    *looks at pomegranate-y mess*

    "What hands are here, ha? They pluck out mine eyes.
    Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
    Clean from my hand? No; this my hand will rather
    The multitudinous seas incarnadine,
    Making the green one red."

  8. #25328
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Pomegranates are where it's at!

    *looks at pomegranate-y mess*

    "What hands are here, ha? They pluck out mine eyes.
    Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
    Clean from my hand? No; this my hand will rather
    The multitudinous seas incarnadine,
    Making the green one red."
    I LOVE POMEGRANATES!!!

    My kingdom for a pomegranate tree.

    However, ever since I had fresh squeezed pomegranate juice in Pakistan, I have been unable to find anything that compares.

    *goes in search of perfect juice*

  9. #25329
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I LOVE POMEGRANATES!!!

    My kingdom for a pomegranate tree.

    However, ever since I had fresh squeezed pomegranate juice in Pakistan, I have been unable to find anything that compares.

    *goes in search of perfect juice*
    Oooh I'd like some perfect juice too.

    A combo of pineapple, orange, mango juices with some lemon zest and a couple of uncrushed blueberries would be interesting.

    I think?

  10. #25330
    (in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,639

    Default

    The awkward moment when you realize "spanakopita" is not pronounced "spank-a-pita".

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO