User Tag List

Page 2519 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 151920192419246925092517251825192520252125292569261930193519 ... LastLast
Results 25,181 to 25,190 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Insert witty line here... Array Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Not sure the law helps much if you're dead On an unrelated random thought note...In less than an hour it went from being chilly and foggy to hot and muggy....and its 3:00 am!!!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

MBTI
    ISFP

I think living in a city with poorly designed traffic flow may have something to do with my perception of jaywalking. If no crosswalks are available it's legal for me to cross when the traffic allows me to do so. But I mean how many meters away from a crosswalk would I have to be? I'd assume once I get close to a crosswalk within a defined distance under the law (possibly?) the law now says I must cross within the crosswalk even if it isn't the most convenient for me. In my city there are a lot of signal crosswalks and most of them are pretty poorly synchronized to the actual flow of traffic in the area. Not surprisingly we have a lot of pedestrian deaths. The thought occurred to me at this street that gets little traffic that I run down pretty routinely that I always cross this street about 50 meters from the signal crosswalk. I think I do it because I think it'll draw less attention. Really though I haven't thought about it much and that struck me as curious because I've seen other people on this street (its near the university) do the jaywalking away from the traffic signal thing as well. But even from a safety perspective it would make more sense for me to cross in the crosswalk as people are more alert near traffic signals. Or is it like more telling of the habits of people in the area? That most of the areas I'd be running/walking around are residential or near the university so most people have become accustom, like I have, to which lights are in a way to be disregarded? Like does this behavior have grounds in how we make decisions when interacting with inanimate objects (I guess the defined space of the crosswalk) that we've deemed invalid or untrustworthy? How am I judging the risk involved? What is the thought process of the people around me exhibiting this same behavior? It was more the awareness that I was and am generally unaware of the rationale behind my choices.

My random thought: I really haven't studied much behavioral psychology. I think I'll probably pick-up a book on the subject.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I did the farmer's market thing. I've never seen so many violin buskers in my life. Fresh eggs and onions, it's omelet time.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Despite a sold eight and a half hours of sleep, it's still a two cups of coffee sort of morning.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Soon, Europe goes to war...
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Whatever
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

- The greatest disconnect for me when it comes to learning new people face-to-face is in the distractions it poses. We can feign actually knowing each other because we are simply being around each other. Oh look- a movie. Oh look- something online. Oh listen- music. Oh hey- cuddles and kisses and sleep and closeness.
    But do I know you? But do you know me?
    But do you even know the difference between just doing and really knowing?

- Am I supposed to accept small instances of people in my life that just become further away, even if they don't have to. If it is almost entirely feasible, is it just because their moment was the most pertinent one and it can go no further? Are there really such instances, and how off can I feel for wanting to capture them and hold them close again just because the longevity of something decent is more important to me than the brevity of something amazing?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Do you think Megan Fox is hot?

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I need to eat, exercise, and get off the couch and DO something, but I can't get myself motivated.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/