User Tag List

Page 2492 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 149219922392244224822490249124922493249425022542259229923492 ... LastLast
Results 24,911 to 24,920 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    haha, I am the same way. I just take it as learning a new perspective and/or for entertainment purposes, lol
    learning is a good thing... and most the time it's not worth my time to get in a fight with a fanatic
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    learning is a good thing... and most the time it's not worth my time to get in a fight with a fanatic
    "People who vote for Obama are going against their Catholic faith and going down the wrong path"

(Put a big smile on, nod): That's nice. Thanks for the info.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

"People who vote for Obama are going against their Catholic faith and going down the wrong path"

what about people who voted for him twice in the same election? (he he for loopholes!)
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

Sooooo procrastinating on writing this conference call for tomorrow...
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

dammit... if I could go back in time and smack past me around I'd definitely do so... I'm not enjoying the consequences of past actions... much longer of feeling like this and I'm going to hurt someone... 2 months is enough

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    In my experience there's nothing better for working out your own beliefs, so it depends on what your goal is and whether or not your time is worth it. I think its worthwhile to use someone who is a fanatic, as I find a lot of people are even if they believe they are not, to test you're thinking and use in reflection. Sometimes it just interesting to learn how and why people think what they do, how they formed their beliefs, without ever having to reach agreement.

If you think that those beliefs are mistaken and can do harm it can be good to know how they were reached should you meet anyone else who less entrenched or who may be at a tipping point were they may choose to re-examine or rethink their beliefs or some aspect of them.

Maybe, maybe not.

I certainly do know that liberal and capitalist polticians are interested in any competiting sources of norms or conscience besides themselves, in part I believe Obama position statement could be a gauging of this, it has already been gauged by politicians in the UK, of every stripe, they have found that religion, in most communities besides the minorities, has no influence and wont effect peoples votes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Volumes 1 and 3-10 acquired. And so the hunt begins.

I wonder if the forum has any gamers who could tell me what the character with the gun tells Jubi (?) in Onimushi when you bring him books as gifts in that part of the game, its something about learning all you can but I'm not sure, its been a while since I played it.

Anew Leaf

Date plans switched to an even more ghetto location: IHOP. i am sort of excited at the ridiculousness of it all. sort of alarmed at how excited this guy is to meet me. Fi retreats into her castle to observe from the ramparts. Te creates a Q-like barricade around the approaching ship.

in the distance a wolf howls.