User Tag List

Page 2491 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 149119912391244124812489249024912492249325012541259129913491 ... LastLast
Results 24,901 to 24,910 of 67827

Thread: Random Thought Thread

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've been rereading them... something oddly entrancing about them
    I love those comics!!

I've been rereading them... something oddly entrancing about them

And all Gaimen's books, the guy really was imaginative and a little bit prophetic, a real shaper of things. I think Gaimen can remember what it was like to believe without doubt and with some amount of fear too in things like a sand man or others things.

Some of the characters featured in the first book are homages to the earlier marvel and DC horror comics titles like the Witching Hour.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I love those comics!!

some things, when you read them, make you smile... other things make you check over your shoulder on a dark night... he writes both and that's why I keep reading

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And all Gaimen's books, the guy really was imaginative and a little bit prophetic, a real shaper of things. I think Gaimen can remember what it was like to believe without doubt and with some amount of fear too in things like a sand man or others things.

Some of the characters featured in the first book are homages to the earlier marvel and DC horror comics titles like the Witching Hour.
    and another reason... how and why humans believe things is an odd fascination of mine... new beliefs are interesting, but the old ones, the really old ones, they're closest to the roots of the mechanism for believing to me

of course, and I don't intend to get into a theological argument with anyone here since everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, I'm looking in from the outside on the issue
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

and another reason... how and why humans believe things is an odd fascination of mine... new beliefs are interesting, but the old ones, the really old ones, they're closest to the roots of the mechanism for believing to me

of course, and I don't intend to get into a theological argument with anyone here since everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, I'm looking in from the outside on the issue
    What's to argue?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

What's to argue?
    whatever prefers for those who are inclined to do so NOT to attempt to save her soul with conversion... you know that there ARE members of this site who would try to do so
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

whatever prefers for those who are inclined to do so NOT to attempt to save her soul with conversion... you know that there ARE members of this site who would try to do so
    Its nobody's business other than your own, I've yet to be convinced as to what that even means.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Its nobody's business other than your own, I've yet to be convinced as to what that even means.
    there are the religious who attempt to convert others in an unsolicited manner because "it's good for them" and there's those who aren't... there are both varieties on the board, so I take precautions

there are the religious who attempt to convert others in an unsolicited manner because "it's good for them" and there's those who aren't... there are both varieties on the board, so I take precautions
    Its a trait which isnt unique to religious people, I dont think its a good thing. :no:

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Its a trait which isnt unique to religious people, I dont think its a good thing.
    I've tended to stick with a live and let live attitude on such matters... I've mellowed out a bit since younger

Glycerine

I've tended to stick with a live and let live attitude on such matters... I've mellowed out a bit since younger
    haha, I am the same way. I just take it as learning a new perspective and/or for entertainment purposes, lol