User Tag List

Page 2473 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 147319732373242324632471247224732474247524832523257329733473 ... LastLast
Results 24,721 to 24,730 of 67735

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    *cough*nico*cough*
    I take principles seriously.

I feel so happy right now

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

13 hours, 21 minutes, 02 seconds
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    7 hours, 53 minutes, 04 seconds
    by @magpie

garbage

Guys, I tend to match people pound-for-pound.

If they're nice, then I'm nice. If they're musing about some random subject, I muse with them. If they're mean or forceful, then I get forceful.

Hell, I've even developed a slight bit of an African accent that I subconsciously use when I'm on the phone with folks in Nigeria.

I wonder what this makes me. My identity.. I'm so lost.. forever..

Carpe Diem, you wild thang.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Guys, I tend to match people pound-for-pound.

If they're nice, then I'm nice. If they're musing about some random subject, I muse with them. If they're mean or forceful, then I get forceful.

Hell, I've even developed a slight bit of an African accent that I subconsciously use when I'm on the phone with folks in Nigeria.

I wonder what this makes me. My identity.. I'm so lost.. forever..

If you're interested in an actual real conversation about that, I dated a guy like that for awhile. But to an extreme... He straight up fabricated his personality/interests. His personality would pretty drastically change to mirror whoever we were around. For example, he was pretty anti-drugs and had never smoked pot in his life... But when we got around some stoner guys, he started joking with them about how great it was to play Minecraft while stoned, or something. While I'm standing there thinking, "Youve never smoked pot.....?"

The relationship didn't last very long. After awhile he would get rid of the facade, and when I experienced his real personality, it wasn't good. I had been under the impression that I was dating someone exactly like me, which was awesome (am I a narcissist for that?). In reality his was really insecure, and kind of a douchebag.

I mean, if you're just talking about some random tech guy or something that you're never going to speak to again, I don't see the problem. But if you're trying to make friends and such, best just keep it reaaaaaal.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Carpe Diem, you wild thang.
    That's a video game release countdown, Mr. Keating.

~

That's a video game release countdown, Mr. Keating.
    So? I just wanted to tell you, Carpe Diem. Or, I can start posting a new word to hound you with: Bruschetta. Lol.

garbage

If you're interested in an actual real conversation about that, I dated a guy like that for awhile. But to an extreme... He straight up fabricated his personality/interests. His personality would pretty drastically change to mirror whoever we were around. For example, he was pretty anti-drugs and had never smoked pot in his life... But when we got around some stoner guys, he started joking with them about how great it was to play Minecraft while stoned, or something. While I'm standing there thinking, "Youve never smoked pot.....?"

The relationship didn't last very long. After awhile he would get rid of the facade, and when I experienced his real personality, it wasn't good. I had been under the impression that I was dating someone exactly like me, which was awesome (am I a narcissist for that?). In reality his was really insecure, and kind of a douchebag.

I mean, if you're just talking about some random tech guy or something that you're never going to speak to again, I don't see the problem. But if you're trying to make friends and such, best just keep it reaaaaaal.
    Yeah, I like conversing about this sort of thing. Identity is virtually always on the back of my mind--as is whether my presentation is in line with what I actually think and feel. So, thanks for that!

The thing is that my personality is that I match other people, that I 'speak their language.' But it's more in tone and other ways in which I communicate my honest assessments--but my assessments do tend to be pretty honest. I default to not being a dick about it unless I feel like that's the only way I can get my message across. My closest friends and the fiancee are in touch with "the real me," insecurities, past history, and all. I'm decently self-revealing, but not everyone knows everything.

It's actually kind of hilarious to stand in the sidelines and watch other people spill flat-out lies for the sake of fitting in, especially about life experiences like playing Minecraft under the influence of pot. (I've played it drunk, on Ambien, and on Klonopin--but never on pot--and it was fun as hell. )