User Tag List

Page 2434 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 143419342334238424242432243324342435243624442484253429343434 ... LastLast
Results 24,331 to 24,340 of 67688

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Drank way too much, hung out at a karaoke night at a bar. Beaver, who I know is a stripper who works down the street, sung a song to me. It was a very interesting night. All in all, good compensation for a shitty situation.
    What song did Beaver sing? What was the shitty situation? (If you don't mind sharing.)

My random thought is the following:

I have pretty much no work to do today and I apparently left my phone in the car, so I think I'll go for a walk back to the parking lot to get it, just so I can post in the Phone Pics thread.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

i feel unproductive today.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

My friend who's currently visiting in Denmark just messaged me about how there were loud sirens going off yesterday. She was in TEARS. She said she thought they were about to be bombed. I guess no one told her they test the sirens every May 1st. I feel sorry for her. It doesn't help that she said she's very terrified of sirens because of something that happened in her home town 7 years ago.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    What song did Beaver sing? What was the shitty situation? (If you don't mind sharing.)

My random thought is the following:

I have pretty much no work to do today and I apparently left my phone in the car, so I think I'll go for a walk back to the parking lot to get it, just so I can post in the Phone Pics thread.
    Hah, that's where my first drunk post went. I thought I lost it when I did something and all kinds of windows popped up. Beaver is actually a cool gal and a bit of an artist, and I know her real name. But when I first met her at my corner bar, she introduced herself by her stripper name.. so until she deigns to tell me her real name, she's Beaver the Stripper. She did some Lady Gaga number, she has good pipes.

As far as the current shitty situation. I'll just repost my FB status update...

I am beyond angry and frustrated. I've dealt with some level of constant pain for more than a decade. When I break down and go to a doctor it is because the pain is exceptional, and I'm having trouble dealing with it.

The doctor gives me X-rays and says that I look fine. I'm not fine, I know I've got a disc pressing on a nerve in my back. I know, because I can feel the lightning shooting down my leg. I know, because I can't sleep or deal with a full work week of having to sit.

She says that my range of motion is fine and that I don't seem to be suffering from any weakness or other debilitating symptoms. Yes, I've learned how to keep limber in spite of all this BS my body puts me through. I've learned if I stop working out, I get even worse.

So, I get a recommendation to take ibuprofen, which I already take, and a scrip for physical therapy. Basically, I need to pay other people to show and tell me what I already do and know.

I don't need her for that. I *need* relief. I don't care if my doctor proscribes me a narcotic or just waves a magic wand, I need sleep and I need to work while I heal. I'm sure I can find multiple forms of relief on the down low. But, if I go through the system, I get nothing and I get poorer.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hah, that's where my first drunk post went. I thought I lost it when I did something and all kinds of windows popped up. Beaver is actually a cool gal and a bit of an artist, and I know her real name. But when I first met her at my corner bar, she introduced herself by her stripper name.. so until she deigns to tell me her real name, she's Beaver the Stripper. She did some Lady Gaga number, she has good pipes.

As far as the current shitty situation. I'll just repost my FB status update...
    Ugh, yeah I just saw that on FB and thought that was probably it. SUCK!

My blog:

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

@Qlip: I'm sorry to hear you suffer from back pain. I used to as well, though I never had shooting pain down my leg, I would get numbness in my leg and foot, and it was annoying as hell.

I think walking/jogging, and losing belly weight (if you have a belly), and doing crunches (daily if you can), are the key to keeping a healthy back. Avoid stretching with a straight leg (like a hamstring stretch), except only minimally until you have worked out regularly a while. I'd also avoid ibuprofen except to possibly help you sleep, if pain is keeping you from that. Sitting is bad for backs, so perhaps you should consider standing part of the time....like erecting some sort of keyboard shelf for part of the day. Especially avoid narcotics, as they are so easily addictive and will keep you from doing other healthier back prophylaxis.

Hope you feel better.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    @Qlip: I'm sorry to hear you suffer from back pain. I used to as well, though I never had shooting pain down my leg, I would get numbness in my leg and foot, and it was annoying as hell.

I think walking/jogging, and losing belly weight (if you have a belly), and doing crunches (daily if you can), are the key to keeping a healthy back. Avoid stretching with a straight leg (like a hamstring stretch), except only minimally until you have worked out regularly a while. I'd also avoid ibuprofen except to possibly help you sleep, if pain is keeping you from that. Sitting is bad for backs, so perhaps you should consider standing part of the time....like erecting some sort of keyboard shelf for part of the day. Especially avoid narcotics, as they are so easily addictive and will keep you from doing other healthier back prophylaxis.

Hope you feel better.
    Thanks Aph. I'm pretty much the expert on back pain now. Since I started having it, I've dropped 40 pounds of weight, I stretch and exercise regularly. I've only taken ibuprofen recently as an act of desperation, it doesn't even begin to help. I know all about the narcotics, with my surgery, I was proscribed Oxycontin. It is a very addictive substance, but I weened myself off of it before it became a problem. And I only took what I had left sparingly on bad days over the span of a couple years before it was gone. Honestly, I'm thinking about tracking down some more.

Hmm, I may have to find out a way to work standing up. It might be tough since I use my desk for stuff and it is at desk height. My company gets very resistant when you try to do anything different.

Glycerine

Whooooo. I get to graduate in 8 weeks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll have to vote absentee in this year's election.

My blog:

Permabanned Array

@Lark What's the price of bacon in Ireland?