User Tag List

Page 2414 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 141419142314236424042412241324142415241624242464251429143414 ... LastLast
Results 24,131 to 24,140 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Can someone explain to me what the point of front yards are? Back yards, I get them. By why front? Why spend all that time, all that money and water, on something that serves no purpose except sticking to the status quo? WHY?! Why do that when instead you could have a huge front yard...Made out of a vegetable garden. Grass only serves one purpose: The back yard, because in the backyard is where little kids play. The last thing you want is a backyard full of dried grass which could cut the little ones with one fall.

Front yards? Too mainstream.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the point of front yards are? Back yards, I get them. By why front? Why spend all that time, all that money and water, on something that serves no purpose except sticking to the status quo? WHY?! Why do that when instead you could have a huge front yard...Made out of a vegetable garden. Grass only serves one purpose: The back yard, because in the backyard is where little kids play. The last thing you want is a backyard full of dried grass which could cut the little ones with one fall.

Because they're beautiful to look at.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

violaine

I just want to plug a firewire in so I don't have to bother with long explanations that miss the mark anyway. Caring less and less for building those kinds of word bridges.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post

• Imagine how depressing a street would look built only of concrete, tar, and wood.
    • Some people end up growing tree's to cover their homes
    • they're useful for owners who might want to expand on the size of their home.
    • Also useful for isolating pedestrians; keeping them away from looking into the home/being to close to it.
    • Like marm said, they're also used for accentuating the appearance of the home.
    • Most homes have drives; which are used for parking more cars/extending space for turning in/avoiding traffic problems, so the yard parallels the length of those drives.
    • In some countries, front yards are necessary for noise control, and collecting dust that might otherwise enter the home.
    • help produce more O2

I'm sure there are plenty more practical reasons, but I can't think of any at the moment. Most of these are assumptions.

violaine

I get what I want(ed) by not wanting it anymore. 'Tis weird.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    • Imagine how depressing a street would look built only of concrete, tar, and wood.
    • Also useful for isolating pedestrians; keeping them away from looking into the home/being to close to it.
    • Like marm said, they're also used for accentuating the appearance of the home.
    • Most homes have drives; which are used for parking more cars/extending space for turning in/avoiding traffic problems, so the yard parallels the length of those drives.
    • In some countries, front yards are necessary for noise control, and collecting dust that might otherwise enter the home.
    • help produce more O2

I'm sure there are plenty more practical reasons, but I can't think of any at the moment. Most of these are assumptions.
    All are very good points...Except I was kind of talking about the grass. It just is a little unsettling to know that, at least in the USA, people harvest more grass than they do corn. By harvesting, I mean mowing their lawn.

On the other hand, I'm being somewhat of a hypocrite considering two days ago I spent 2 hours rolling around in my backyard and yelling at the grass to turn green. It shied away from me. Just like the tulips I had worked so hard on last summer to grow. They didn't take kindly to my strict and abusive ways.

Take everything I've said on this so far with a grain of salt. I have yet to form a solid opinion on front yards with nothing but grass in them and how the human population spends more time catering to the inedible greenery than to actual things that could feed them. Cucumbers, for example. I'd love to be riding my bike around the neighborhood and stumbling upon someone with a cucumber garden in replacement of a stale, grassy front yard. Yet, admittedly I've grown fond of the ideal neighborhood, with all the cute houses lined up with sparkling grass in the front, a few trees in the back, and plenty of bushes and shrubs dotting the border between yard and street.

I'm such a damn romantic.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I'm off again.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    • help produce more O2

Awesome for kids to play in.
    by @magpie

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ah, doing maintenance on my dad's computer is fun.

"WHY IS MY INTERNET THE FOX FIRE?! DOES THAT COST MORE?"
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I'm overwhelmed
    by @magpie