User Tag List

Page 2318 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 131818182218226823082316231723182319232023282368241828183318 ... LastLast
Results 23,171 to 23,180 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #23171
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Talked with an INTJ last night, and totally got my NT card revoked... my Ni-Fe principles came out in the philosophical debate we had.
    It works better when they're Fi/Te principles.

  2. #23172
    From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    It works better when they're Fi/Te principles.
    Yeah, the INTJ I was talking with seemed to have more Te based rationale for solving problems, with shades of Ti in the mix. It was a refreshing perspective, but it certainly was a revelation on my behalf that I took into consideration the welfare of others. It was a difference between focusing on people vs. the problem.


    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  3. #23173
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    I'm considering changing my middle name to Pariah. It has a nice breathy sound to it.

  4. #23174
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Yeah, the INTJ I was talking with seemed to have more Te based rationale for solving problems, with shades of Ti in the mix. It was a refreshing perspective, but it certainly was a revelation on my behalf that I took into consideration the welfare of others. It was a difference between focusing on people vs. the problem.
    It's all a matter of conceptualization and perspective. It's not a vs. thing. It's a system, they are but variables. Therefore INTJs are capable of integrating the variables into their perspective and contingency if a decent case is made. You just can't use Fe to do it. They will fight you to the death on it. You have to coax and appeal to their Fi to come out and play.

  5. #23175
    From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    It's all a matter of conceptualization and perspective. It's not a vs. thing. It's a system, they are but variables. Therefore INTJs are capable of integrating the variables into their perspective and contingency if a decent case is made. You just can't use Fe to do it. They will fight you to the death on it. You have to coax and appeal to their Fi to come out and play.
    Coaxing the Fi out... this should be fun.


    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  6. #23176
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,513

    Default

    Dear Abby,

    Is it really wrong for me to identify with Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream?"
    Sometimes that sounds so appealing.

    - Dreamy, Unsure, Delusional?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #23177
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Coaxing the Fi out... this should be fun.
    Use lots of solid Te and don't make sudden movements. Exude calm, non-emotional Fi energy and peace. Once it happens they will likely bound away - don't take it personally. They have to process what just happened. Here it is caught on film:


  8. #23178
    From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    LOL!!!! Time to work the "Keep Calm and Carry On" type of vibe... time to flex the Te muscles.... :P


    Johari/Nohari

    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche




  9. #23179
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dear Abby,

    Is it really wrong for me to identify with Katy Perry {snip}
    Yes.

  10. #23180
    ¤ Array Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    Use lots of solid Te and don't make sudden movements. Exude calm, non-emotional Fi energy and peace. Once it happens they will likely bound away - don't take it personally. They have to process what just happened. Here it is caught on film:

    [video]
    And then, with enough persistence, you can get us to a point where it becomes like this:

    The Justice Fighter

    XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 623
    Last Post: Today, 11:41 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO