User Tag List

Page 2261 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 126117612161221122512259226022612262226322712311236127613261 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,610 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Hate

I’ve had a bit of a cough lately, and whenever I’m in public, I practice proper coughing etiquette by coughing into my arm as to avoid spreading germs. But every single time I do that, a person next to me will say, “bless you”… thinking I sneezed. Then I’m stuck there wondering, ‘Should I correct them and let them know it was a cough? or should I just say thank you?’ But if I say “thank you,” then I’m technically accepting a ‘bless you’ under false pretenses. So I kind of just nod my head once and don’t say anything. Then they look at me like I’m rude for not saying thank you, *sigh*… Why does life have to be so complicated?

NPcomplete

I wish I had my own lab at home.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I wish I had my own lab at home.
    Then put one together! What kind? I've got my own little tinkerer's lab.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Then put one together! What kind? I've got my own little tinkerer's lab.
    Chemistry lab!!!

Playing in the kitchen isn't satisfying anymore.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Chemistry lab!!!

Playing in the kitchen isn't satisfying anymore.
    Oh, sure it is.. kitchen counters can hold centrifuges, burners and uv sterilization stations as well as any other type of counter. Just go hit some university and hospital auctions.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I’ve had a bit of a cough lately, and whenever I’m in public, I practice proper coughing etiquette by coughing into my arm as to avoid spreading germs. But every single time I do that, a person next to me will say, “bless you”… thinking I sneezed. Then I’m stuck there wondering, ‘Should I correct them and let them know it was a cough? or should I just say thank you?’ But if I say “thank you,” then I’m technically accepting a ‘bless you’ under false pretenses. So I kind of just nod my head once and don’t say anything. Then they look at me like I’m rude for not saying thank you, *sigh*… Why does life have to be so complicated?
    The self-consciousness is spreading.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh, sure it is.. kitchen counters can hold centrifuges, burners and uv sterilization stations as well as any other type of counter. Just go hit some university and hospital auctions.
    That's an excellent idea.

When I'm playing in the kitchen, I'm already simulating some of those things and the results are usually tasty things.. But I have no idea what projects I'd work on if I did indeed have a chemistry lab at home. My first thought is making polymers but I think the university lab is better equipped to handle those temperatures and pressures. Even obtaining the material would be a hassle..

It'd be nice to have a lab on an island. I'd be the chemistry equivalent of Dr. Moreau.

/yet another case of imagination making reality seem suckish

It's not even a full moon.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

That's an excellent idea.

When I'm playing in the kitchen, I'm already simulating some of those things and the results are usually tasty things.. But I have no idea what projects I'd work on if I did indeed have a chemistry lab at home. My first thought is making polymers but I think the university lab is better equipped to handle those temperatures and pressures. Even obtaining the material would be a hassle..

It'd be nice to have a lab on an island. I'd be the chemistry equivalent of Dr. Moreau.

/yet another case of imagination making reality seem suckish
    Hah.. I read that book. That turn of the century quasi science gives me the willies. You need to practice your maniacal laughter.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

A woman once said: "Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people."

So broaden your mind. Stop talking about social sciences and talk about the weather instead.