User Tag List

Page 2257 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 125717572157220722472255225622572258225922672307235727573257 ... LastLast
Results 22,561 to 22,570 of 67739

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Get your mind out of the gutter.
    I've been watching the early seasons of the x files all day... what is probing supposed to make me think of
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Campbell's Chicken Soup is so good... but has volume only suited for toddlers.

And right after I post that, the fucker probes my ports again. Unreal. Lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Heh, I realized I tend to hesitate to post in any controversial thread as soon as I see an ENTP or ENTJ commenting... I wonder why that is?

Random unrelated thought: I wonder what it would be like to live in Hinamizawa?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

And right after I post that, the fucker probes my ports again. Unreal. Lol.
    :horor:

remember, if you're talking about computer stuff I don't understand that type of lingo in the least
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    :horor:

remember, if you're talking about computer stuff I don't understand that type of lingo in the least
    Your computer "communicates" with the internet through ports (think of them as doorways). There's a ton of ports, each with an assigned task of what kind of data it lets through or goes out. A video game might communicate with a port for one type of information, an email program another. Firewalls close up ports and protect unwanted data coming in or out. The first trick of a hacker is to scan a remote computer's ports, looking for a backdoor (much like a burglar would, with a building or house). Security programs can notify you when this happens.

To put it plainly, a chinese source is trying to find an open door on my computer. That's not unusual. What is unusual is the number of times it's happening, today.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Your computer "communicates" with the internet through ports (think of them as doorways). There's a ton of ports, each with an assigned task of what kind of data it lets through or goes out. A video game might communicate with a port for one type of information, an email program another. Firewalls close up ports and protect unwanted data coming in or out. The first trick of a hacker is to scan a remote computer's ports, looking for a backdoor (much like a burglar would, with a building or house). Security programs can notify you when this happens.
    *there is no head imploding emoticon*

so it's like home invasion on a technological scale because some people suck and have nothing better to do?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

To put it plainly, a chinese source is trying to find an open door on my computer. That's not unusual. What is unusual is the number of times it's happening, today.
    who'd you piss off this time?

*there is no head imploding emoticon*

so it's like home invasion on a technological scale because some people suck and have nothing better to do?
    Pretty much. But I don't know if they necessarily suck. Sometimes it's a good thing.