User Tag List

Page 2219 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 121917192119216922092217221822192220222122292269231927193219 ... LastLast
Results 22,181 to 22,190 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

*sigh*
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I really hope I see a ghost before I die. I'd even consider searching for a house with a reputation for ghosts/supernatural appearances and see if I can rent it/house sit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

figsfiggyfigs

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Terra Nova was canceled by Fox... what a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    I really hope I see a ghost before I die. I'd even consider searching for a house with a reputation for ghosts/supernatural appearances and see if I can rent it/house sit.
    You could just off some psycho crazy criminal in a decrepit house and then summon them back with a Ouija board. (Time to be proactive!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Fox canceled Terra Nova.

Who woulda thunk?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array

I play my music way too loud. Awesome.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Fox canceled Terra Nova.

Who woulda thunk?

Show wasn't great, but it was strangely enjoyable to watch.

Fox has such a record with cancelling shows. You'd think they'd learn.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Show wasn't great, but it was strangely enjoyable to watch.
    Fox has such a record with cancelling shows. You'd think they'd learn.
    Well, they made up for that with The Simpsons -- 20+ years and counting, I think that's a record.

I thought the idea was great, but the implementation was shit; Braga worked on ST:TNG back in the 90's, and this show had a lot of the casual, general, "feel good" episodic vibe as that show did, where everything seems neatly wrapped up and everyone happy at the end of each episode.

Lang was pitch-perfect as the commander and some of the other casting was fine; but the head of the Sixers was about as bland and boring as could be, I'm not sure why they couldn't have found a more intimidating opponent. Bummed I won't see Lang anymore if no one else picks it up; he was pretty cool.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, they made up for that with The Simpsons -- 20+ years and counting, I think that's a record.

I thought the idea was great, but the implementation was shit; Braga worked on ST:TNG back in the 90's, and this show had a lot of the casual, general, "feel good" episodic vibe as that show did, where everything seems neatly wrapped up and everyone happy at the end of each episode.

Lang was pitch-perfect as the commander and some of the other casting was fine; but the head of the Sixers was about as bland and boring as could be, I'm not sure why they couldn't have found a more intimidating opponent. Bummed I won't see Lang anymore if no one else picks it up; he was pretty cool.
    I liked the lt as well. Too bad she died, we never really got to hear much about her background story.